Soft Blue from Romania - My 1.0 Lupo

lowrider

Hey everyone,

This is actually my first car. My dad bought it 3 years ago for my mom, but I'm the one who drives it the most, when I'm home from college, as the rest of the time it just sits in the garage.

I got it from Germany, at 177k kilometers and now, after 3 years it has 190k. Yeah, I know... :)

I was planning to swap it for a MK4 Golf this summer and take it with me when I go back to college, but I didn't have enough money. Still, I'm gonna take the Lupo.

Here's how it looks right now:

UU78No7.jpg

Nothing that special. :) I don't really like those alloys, but my dad got them for just 40 euros, with new Toyo and Michelin tires. I'm going to change them with the original steelies, with VW caps soon.

As for the future plans (future aka next two weeks), I'm going to paint the front and rear bumpers, mirrors, door handles and the door stripes (I don't know the term for them in English, sorry :) ) tinted windows and a couple of stickers on my rear window. Here's some photoshop:

GCTg9LE.jpg

I'm also looking for some lowering and Brock B2 rims with stretched tires, when I'll have some extra money to spend with my blue beast.

I'll keep you updated :)

Cheers,

low

Edited by lowrider
  • Like 1

Busy day yesterday. The handbrake was working pretty hard and the rear brakes were making some weird noises, so, with my dad's help, we replaced the brake shoes. I had a couple of issues with those small springs, but in the end we managed to fit them properly. :)

Take a look at the old ones, after 190k kilometers.

Next time I'm definitely using some gloves...

FGCnskn.png

Edited by lowrider

Back with some more updates:

-added some carbon fiber trim to door handles and rear VW logo

-mirror caps painted glossy black (I think it's gonna look really good with the tinted windows)

-headlights polished, as they had some blurry portions.

Here are some pics:

rvurQmG.jpg

A0pEJDY.jpg

eaqCHSO.jpg

I was thinking for some matte black for the front and rear logos. What do you guys think?

Thanks, man!

I had some more updates for the blue beast. Installed some front LED parking lights (I guess that's the term), LED lights for the number plate and added some carbon fiber to the windshield wipers. Check'em out:

BORHrib.jpg

ePRt2pV.jpg

dpUPCkh.jpg

Next weekend I think I'm gonna remove the side door strips and also do this, but paint that whole "T" glossy black. Should I do it?

jvNryw1.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, that's why I'm asking for opinions. :)

For the moment, I don't have a lot of money to spend with my car, so I'm looking for not so costly mods. Also, I don't know If I'm gonna keep the Lupo until next summer, but if I will, I will definitely look for a set of Brock B1s and some lowering.

Edited by lowrider

Removed the side stripes today. They went of pretty easy, but removing that adhesive tape was a nightmare. Anyway, if you look closely, you can see a difference, as the paint under them is a bit darker than the rest of the car.

Tomorrow I'm gonna paint the lower parts of the bumper in soft blue. I was thinking at making the stripes the same color and putting them back on the doors. I'll put some pictures tomorrow, with a few more updates. :)