Breakdown Cover

mebex

Hi,

Sorry wasn't sure where to post this.

I've been with the AA for a year now, I paid £97 for my first year of membership and have only used them once when the battery died on my old polo. This year my quote to renew is £191, which is a rip off since my Lupo seems more reliable (I hope I haven't just jinxed it).

So just wondering who everyone chose for breakdown cover? My sister recommended RAC which is £99.99, cheaper than AA.

Beks

• 3 months later...

£191 !! Yiiikes!!!

I had it once on my old fiesta and I got that for £68 with the RAC on some half price offer, never used it though.

It depends what you want though, if you use price comparison sites you can get cover for as little as £20. It just literally depends what extras you want. I know a lot of people find comfort in having homestart included which often bumps up the price. I don't have breakdown though because I never go far out of town though so I could just walk back or get somebody to pick me up and get my car towed to a garage really quick. If I ever did breakdown I could probably pay somebody to tow me to a garage for less than the breakdown covers price so it seems pointless to me.

Also apologies, didn't notice how old this thread was!!

Edited by Elz8462

• 3 months later...

Best cover I've had was a couple of years back with Britania breakdown.

Used the AA before that until they left my ex-wife and kids stranded in Northumberland in 5 ft of snow and freezing tempritures for 6 hours

Not sure how good they are now but always found them to be with me inside 45 minutes and no messing about.

This is going back a few years when I used to run offroad mod'ed land rovers and they would always turn up with a flat bed as soon as told them it was a 4x4 and no messing about with small vans etc

Try Carol Nash. I have a six wheel policy,bike and car,but the breakdown cover is included. Had to use it twice in ten years.Once with a bike and once with a car. 5 star service. ps you don't need to have a six wheel policy.