today i ripped its weak heart out

Mitchell

finished work at 11am drove home and decided enough was enough i have 6 days off and its time i done it

wheels047.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished work at 11am drove home and decided enough was enough i have 6 days off and its time i done it

wheels047.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the offending 75bhp lump and the new gti with 21000 miles on

wheels046.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

all in and plumbed up, just need to do wiring gonna use full polo gti harness in the bay and dash so i can use the clocks, was wondering tho could i use the 100bhp throttle body with the cable to save putting the fly by wire pedal box in ,or does the ecu take a reading from the wire throttle body,

wheels049.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I think you may get away with just using the Polo engine loom, as far as Ive been able to see, there no diffrence between the GTi and other model main looms.

How was the transplant?

I start mine the week aafter next.

Any tips?

I think you may get away with just using the Polo engine loom, as far as Ive been able to see, there no diffrence between the GTi and other model main looms.

How was the transplant?

I start mine the week aafter next.

Any tips?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mate it took 4 hours without stopping coul'nt believe how easy and after being told i need different box or shafts wont fit , cradle this and that, all crap , it all fits think i am just going to use all the polo wiring cos i need the 1.4 harness and ecu for my mk1 1976 polo wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

u convert to hydrolic clutch then?? hear it's a right pain in the ass!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah the clutch on the polo gti is cable well mine ismight only be 6 speed thts hydrolic

i'm running the 5 speed box in mine and am using hydrolic!

were u running Air-con?

looking good anyway mate, keep the pic's coming!!!!!!

yeh the polo that donated it was running air con so i have all them bits spare ,pump and digital control unit gonna put the front brakes on aswell while i am on

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" /> Christ, you dont hangabout! Good luck with the rest of it.

What are your future plans?

have 4sets of wheels too choose from bbs rm high polish outer black centre , 7 and 8 1/2 3 peice split rim one off image custom builds but these are supposed to be for my cab, mattig stahlfelgen all 7x14, and set of zender turbos series one type. paint wise unsure yet. gonna update this post as and when bits happen oh almost forgot got some coilovers in worthersee last week.

Personally Zender turbos wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Which Coillys did you get?

silverline much chepness might be doing a group thing all depends when i speak to the man in berlin.

As I said in an early thread.

Im looking forward to seeing this car progress.

How complicated is the Looms?

I was led to belive that it took my dealer a full week, to replace my engine Loom.

So glad Ive told them to stick the warrenty up there ass lol

So the shafts on the 1.4, they are the same size as the GTis?

If you have the chance, could you check the size of yours please, as Im unsure at the moment if the 1.0 uses the same.

Wow, quick work! Should be a different car by the end of the 6 days at this rate! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Zender Turbos for me too or BBS', not that it really matters as they're both sweet wheels. I can't comment on the mattigs as i've never seen them.

What's your cab like? Is that another work in progress?

cabby is my real baby 1980 gli flush bay flush inner arches flush boot floor,full cream magnolia leather interior inc fiesta rs turbo recaro's early dash as standard 1900 tsr 8v on webbers with 1600 5 speed diesel box, all in boxes and the cars on a platform so it can be rolled about, done the harness today and i can honestly say was straight forward apart from getting the bloody dash out the bolts under the wiper tray are near impossible to get at will post some pics up in the next 10 mins , should be up and running tomorow biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As I said in an early thread.

Im looking forward to seeing this car progress.

How complicated is the Looms?

I was led to belive that it took my dealer a full week, to replace my engine Loom.

So glad Ive told them to stick the warrenty up there ass lol

So the shafts on the 1.4, they are the same size as the GTis?

If you have the chance, could you check the size of yours please, as Im unsure at the moment if the 1.0 uses the same.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tigz i will measure from the inner cv boot clip on the cv boot to the same on the outer if that makes sense will post tomorow

wheels050.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

got the dash out , took about two hours damn thing was awkward

wheels050.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

got the dash out , took about two hours damn thing was awkward

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did'nt buy the mats by the way they came with it

wheels054.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

i did'nt buy the mats by the way they came with it

wheels054.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and here is the lupo harness laid flat on the left with the polo gti harness on the right it is exactly the same shape as the lupo same positioning of grommets for the bulk head and everything i may have to extend the wiring for the indicators tho but overall very straight forward , the polo pedal box did'nt fit so i had to weld the sender housin for the fly by wire onto the lupo box and the polo pedal fits directly into the lupo box .

wheels053.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

Well, while it's out... if you're going to put the original dash back, check to see if you can get the lower part of a MK5 polo dash from anywhere - it should either be an exact fit, or a more or less exact fit, but it'll include a glove box. I want to do this one day when I've plucked up the courage, but you seem to be a little beyond that!!

Mucho respect.

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

Well, while it's out... if you're going to put the original dash back, check to see if you can get the lower part of a MK5 polo dash from anywhere - it should either be an exact fit, or a more or less exact fit, but it'll include a glove box. I want to do this one day when I've plucked up the courage, but you seem to be a little beyond that!!

Mucho respect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

theres a lupo dash on fleabay with what looks like a glovebox fitted to it its hard to tell its a bad pic