Tdi engine mounts

Dblock

Hi guys,

I always thought my 1.4 tdi was a bit shuddery and a little rough but I always put that down to being a 3 cylinder. But my brother recently got an arosa 1.4 tdi aswell and his seems like the engine mounts are doing their job properly. My engine feels more shaky and shuddery but not in a mechanical way like the mounts are gone.

So does anyone know bar seat/vw I can get engine mounts from?

If I have to get them from VW/Seat does anyone know the part numbers?

Lastly does anyone know how to fit them? Or how many of them there is?

All help is always appreciated.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm no mechanic but a large jack under the engine to support the weight (a engine crane would be better) and undo the bolts on the mounts (do one mount at a time only) & raise everything up slightly.

Underside will be easy, the others may be a pain - I had the whole engine out so they were easy to get to, but if you find there's not enough gap to remove them if you disconnect the drive shafts from the gearbox there shouldl be enough play when raising the engine to change them without disconnecting any thing else

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine done today as had the same troubles as you,didn't feel like they were doing the job Total cost with labour was £371 Might even have the part numbers,they are dealer only and one will be back ordered as mine was Hope this helps

If you could get part no. that would be great. £371!? Hmm I hope its not that big of a job as I'm doing it myself.

hi mate. pretty easy to change yourself. only one which might give you abit of a problem is the gearbox one as you have to take the battery tray out and a few little pieces around it. jack the car up and get it on 2 axle stands. then use the jack to take the weight of the engine while you do the mounts. if I remember rightly the one under the car doesn't move when you unbolt it. its there to stop the engine twisting under torque mainly.

hope this helps

ryan

• Like 1

Did you find a cheaper alternative Dblock.

Not yet mate, I have emailed a few people but only a few comapanies have got back to me. One company was the exact same prices as above. Need to phone a guy on monday though. Will let you know if anything cheaper comes up.

Checked german ebay, nothing.

• 1 year later...