Static+

Vwlup0

Just read up on this! Looks like a great buy, cheap if you want to go crazy low definitely on the list for my next lupo.

What's everyone's opinion on the matter?

Plus points? Drawbacks?

For anyone who wants to know what it is: www.stance-solutions.co.uk/1

Edited by Vwlup0

I thought it was a good idea.

Well I was looking into air, a set up is £1200 onwards.

This system is £375 and raises/drops the front end by 50mm.

As pete91 said, it's easy to go low on the rear.

The main reason is to deck it at shows ect, and have it higher all other times, saves the front bumper, sump bottom suspension arms ect.

Thanks for the feedback though!(:

No, I disagree with pete on this occasion, coz to install it your car has to be raised up at the front more than usual on the move anyways, so by the time you've dropped it low enough to compensate the amount of lift you get is minimal. You may as well not bother and save your money.

No, I disagree with pete on this occasion, coz to install it your car has to be raised up at the front more than usual on the move anyways, so by the time you've dropped it low enough to compensate the amount of lift you get is minimal. You may as well not bother and save your money.

With the system, you can drive with it at any hight. Even if its dropped 70mm at the front, by the time you drop it; it will be at 120mm on the front.

My last lupo was 115mm low and I thought that as a good look and a reasonable hight for the distances I traveled in it.

I personally think its a good idea, for the price and the practicality it will bring.

Again I appreciate the feedback though!

But with it fitted you run higher than without it. That's what I'm saying. But it's your car and your money.

Thus keeping the underside of your car safe, then have the equipment to drop it to the floor again.

So you'd say not a good idea?

Static plus raises your car, it doesn't lower it. It just raises it then drops it back to where it was, which would be higher than it would be with just your coilies. So at it's lowest point you're still gonna be high. So why bother, why not just leave it at a half low on coilies, looks good, saves your underside, and you save yourself a few hundred notes.

You know what, do it, it's your car. I just don't see the point, I looked into it ages ago and after a bit of research I came to the realisation that it only really works for cars that wanna be pretty low but not very low. So I opted for full air.

Pete, it only raises your minimum ride height if you already run with the adjusters on the bottom and with no helper springs, If i put it on mine (in place of the helpers as you're supposed to) my car would be lower than it is now with them at full drop.

I would use something like this to raise the car for speed bumps, not lower it for shows.

Means you can run your car low all time but still have a bit of practicality.

That's providing it doesn't affect your minimum height in the first place though, like Pete said.

Low is for life, not just for shows! :lol:

That's providing it doesn't affect your minimum height in the first place though, like Pete said.

Yeah, i think they only add 20mm when theyre at full drop and considering they are supposed to replace helpers, whats the height that a helper adds when compressed?

for not a lot more money you could go the whole nine yards and get a full air set up.

Most second hand kits seem to be fetching around £1500(ish)...

plus, as others have mentioned, with air you get so much lower... Static+ is ok for what it is... but thats it. i certainly wouldnt buy it.

I'm running static plus and think its brilliant drive round low all the time raise it up to get over speed bumps its great but it isn't just a case of paying £375 and it works if you want it to be useable everyday you need a tank, compressor, sol valves, ect unless you want to get out with a bicycle pump when you meet a speed bump. For the money you could probably buy a basic all round air set up but if your like me and already forked out money for good coilovers (I'm running kws) it's a good route to go down plus you keep the feel and handling of coilovers it was a win win for me and I'm very happy with it

yeah good point made about keeping the handling of coilovers...

however its worth people knowing, Air handles... and it handles well! providing you have 4 way management... 2 way isnt very good for corners. i would happily say mine handled better on air than my original coilovers and just as well as the weitecs i had after.