T3LLIOTT's Evo & MX5. Lupo, Green MX5 & DC5 Content Included, But Now Sold On.

T3LLIOTT

So over the weekend I managed to get the Centra's on and lower it some more. :wub: Can't go any lower on the rear with taking the adapters off or getting Corsa B shocks and the front is set to match the rear. Could go lower on the front but it would have a lot of rake and it already catches the mudguards over speedbumps/potholes, so don't want to risk any serious damage with the shocking roads in Sheffield!

Anyway here are some pictures:

20140519_175130_zps48943e8b.jpg

20140519_174020_zps27b92332.jpg

20140519_175057_zpsf3a6026a.jpg

20140519_175112_zps463334c2.jpg

Hope you like them! :)

• 3 months later...

So not updated this for ages, as I've not really done anything major but I've still been doing little bits and bobs. Since my last update I've done the following:

- Painted front wiper arms black as they were all scratched and the paint had all peeled

- Removed rear wiper

- Lowered it a little more (more to come as I've got shorter rear springs to fit)

- Hammered out the rear arches for wheels to fit

- Fit pressed plates

- Bought some teledials (don't like so will be selling them :doh:)

- Removed rear seats (only temporary as current tyres rub)

Things to do now and over winter:

- Remove bump strips (I've said this from the start, but I don't want to take them off for the underneath to be a different shade of blue)

- Rain catcher/boso exhaust

- Lupo GTI/Golf MK4 Recaro front seats

- Black interior

- Possible small sound system in the back/boot

- Refurb the Centras

Anyway that's what I've done/got plans for, so I look forward to bringing you some good updates soon and this is how she's looking atm (only the last pic has the pressed plate on)...

IMG_03711_zpsaa0b94fe.jpg

IMG_03811_zps5730fba5.jpg

IMG_03821_zps16d646a2.jpg

IMG_03841_zps14b4c9fd.jpg

IMG_06651_zps561a1623.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few quick photos from my weekends work. I've lowered it down to the bottom of the coils at the front and put the custom 7" springs on the rear, as we all know the rear coilover springs don't allow you to go low enough.

I've also put the G60 steels back on for the Winter on some new 165/45/15 tyres all round, giving me some slight stretch, making the car lower, but most importantly meaning there is no rubbing on the arches. :thumbsup: In addition, I've added some wheel spacers (15mm rear & 10mm front) and moved the wheel weights to the inside of the rim, so I had to sand down and respray where they previously were. Not the best job, so probably something to do over the Winter.

I do have the black G60 plastic caps and my Lego dustcaps, just didn't put them on for the photos :doh:

IMG_07581_zpsd91757d2.jpg

IMG_07591_zpsbc34a518.jpg

IMG_07571_zpsa5441354.jpg

Also took a 6 hour round trip down to Players at the weekend, car performed faultlessly and the show was awesome, best of the year for me :yes:

Edited by T3LLIOTT

And then is that it? Are your back seats back in yet?

Want them off, just scared if it will take the paint off or leave a different shade of blue! Yes the back seats are back in, the custom rear springs have a higher load ratio, meaning the car is more stiff!

I really want a new interior seats and darker door cards, maybe Lupo GTI seats or Golf mk4 Golf Recaro's.

Then again, an MX5 is becoming very tempting.... :sweating:

Want them off, just scared if it will take the paint off or leave a different shade of blue! Yes the back seats are back in, the custom rear springs have a higher load ratio, meaning the car is more stiff!

I really want a new interior seats and darker door cards, maybe Lupo GTI seats or Golf mk4 Golf Recaro's.

Then again, an MX5 is becoming very tempting.... :sweating:

Well that's two different routes, keep the lupo as a daily and get the mx5 and turn it into a track toy or weekend toy :coffee:

What coilovers you got, and were did you get your custom rear springs and how much please.

I've got FK AK Street coilovers but replaced the rear spring with Faulkners race springs on the rear. This allowed me to go lower on the rear and increase the stiffness to allow passengers to sit in the back again! The specs of the rear springs are 7" length, 180lbs spring rate and 2.25 internal diameter.

Coilovers link: http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=suspension&product=AKStreetCoilovers&make=VW&model=Lupo

Rear springs link: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/competition-springs/faulkners-race-springs

Hope that helps :)

Excellent, thanks for that, i want to go lower all round, front no problem lots of adjustment left,

but rear none , and don't fancy taking the adjusters out,shorter springs should do the trick even

though mine are AP's not FK's , will give Demon Tweeks a ring.

Tony.

Excellent, thanks for that, i want to go lower all round, front no problem lots of adjustment left,but rear none , and don't fancy taking the adjusters out,shorter springs should do the trick eventhough mine are AP's not FK's , will give Demon Tweeks a ring.Tony.

No problem. Just to add, I did take my adjusters out but still found it wasn't low enough, hence me buying some custom rear springs. You could try and fit them on top of your adjusters, but you might need to increase the diameter to 2.50, as my 2.25's wouldn't fit over the adjusters.

• 3 weeks later...

Not an update as such, but the Lupo hit a milestone over the weekend - 70,000 miles in 15 years!

IMG_09381_zps8b76c48d.jpg

Also sold the pink Porsche Teledials which I never actually fitted and swapped the tyres over to the G60's, to fit them under the arches with no rubbing! :thumbup:

IMG_0292_zps34e7c98c.jpg

Good pink wouldn't go!

I know! I was going to refurb them over the Winter, but I made a cheeky profit on them and gained some tryes, so not too shabby!

And here's how she looks with Winter mode enabled and a spot of beading! :tongueout:

IMG_09301_zpsf836fcae.jpg

Edited by T3LLIOTT