T3LLIOTT's Evo & MX5. Lupo, Green MX5 & DC5 Content Included, But Now Sold On.

T3LLIOTT

Not thought about it tbh! Also it might rub the arches if the wheels have spaces on?

Should be ok. The first pic looks like the back wheels could come out a bit more to meet the bodywork. 2nd pic doesn't look as bad so it might just be me!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, but it's been a little quite of late with my weekends consisting of Creamfields, Trax and Goodwood Revival, meaning I've not had much time to do anything with the car!

What did arrive today though was a very nice surprise! Black Forest Industries in The USA sent me an awesome package which contained one of their quality weighted gear knobs as we made the little custom insert on the top! :shades: I'm really excited to fit this and see the impact it will have on gear changes!

Here is my slightly dodgy pic...

heavyweightgearknob3sized_zps1c3e7579.jp

And there pro pic...

heavyweightgearknob_zpse1d1675d.jpg

I also want to lower it a little more but keep it a sensible height for the :censored: roads around here!

• 4 months later...

Took the G60's off over the last couple of weeks and repainted them, as my pressure washer decided to rip the original paint off :evil:

Anyway after sanding them down and priming them, this is how they look with VW pastel white paint. Although not perfect, I'm really happy with my efforts and can't wait to see them on the car!

20140215_1323181_zpse01b2e84.jpg

Want to roll the arches next, to go lower without destroying the arches!

Edited by T3LLIOTT

Good to meet you tonight, car looked loads better in the flesh. Hopefully chat for a bit longer when the weather is better!

Likewise Karl, good to meet you too. Your car looked really clean, liking the white paint with black BBS wheels! :shades:

How's the new shifter?

Really nice and smooth and makes gear changes a lot faster and easier. Not too mention it looks pretty smart (if I say so myself!)

Only issue is when it's freezing outside, the metal shifter is even colder!

• 2 weeks later...

With some nice weather round the corner (hopefully), I thought I'd treat the Loop to a good exterior and interior clean this weekend! I used the 2 bucket method with Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo and finished with Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub (that stuff smells awesome!) I also wound the coils down another 10mm, leaving only ~7mm left to go at the back.

20140301_142500_zpsa23d2eae.jpg

Everyone seems to do these shots better than mine I'm sure! :tongueout:

20140301_151832_zpsa2afa3a2.jpg

20140301_152012_zpse1ddbb04.jpg

20140301_152216_zps9be27c23.jpg

Tom :)

• 2 months later...

Little update and impulse buy. After looking on a few wheel sites (as you do), I came across these. 4 hours later and after a 1 1/2 hour round trip, these beauties were mine!

They're Centra Type 6's wrapped in Toyo Proxies up front and Wanlins on the rear. The profile is lower than my current tyres on the G60's, so I'll get the car sitting lower when I get these on.

Anyway here they are, apparently 1 of 3 sets in theUK in this size and spec. Whether this is true or not I don't know, but they're not very common!

Screenshot_2014-05-17-09-55-51_zps08789c