T3LLIOTT's Evo & MX5. Lupo, Green MX5 & DC5 Content Included, But Now Sold On.

T3LLIOTT

It's been a busy week, but unfortunately not with the Lupo. Since my last post and as of today, I am the owner of a Japanese import 1993 Mazda mx5 V-Spec. Although my age means I can't really afford to run 2 cars, the Lupo will be staying and put into storage for a while and run now and then to keep everything ticking over.

Although it's on hold for now, there's no doubt it will be back!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate! :) Yeah still got the Lupo too, but I *might take it off the road for a bit.

*Can't warrant having two cars but will probably keep both on the road anyway :innocent:

You can sell me the Centras then :lol:

My mate with orange ST has sold his ST and got a silver mx5 while he shops for a Supra. He reckons he wont be able to sell the mazda now!

You can sell me the Centras then :lol:

My mate with orange ST has sold his ST and got a silver mx5 while he shops for a Supra. He reckons he wont be able to sell the mazda now!

Haha if only I could...... The Centras fit on the MX5 and the Lupo's staying anyway :bleh:

That sounds like me with the Lupo! When I bought the Mazda and looked at the two, I suddenly felt a sense of regret thinking that the Lupo would be going, but I just can't get rid of such an awesome little car! Plus I still have plans for it, but Mazda is taking priority for now.

I think you should sell the Subaru and get a Mazda, it makes sense! :cheeky:

• 4 weeks later...

Even with the recent purchase of the mx5 and all the parts I've got lined up for it, the Lupo hasn't taken a back seat! :)

Finally managed to sort out something I've been meaning to for a while - Swapping the light grey/blue seats which stain so easily, for a set of black seats. Look 10x better in my opinion. Was going to fit a set of Recaro's out of a mk4 Golf, but couldn't find a set local(ish) in decent condition.

I'll let the pics do the talking...

IMG_1207_zpsa4f8389e.jpg

IMG_1205_zpsfc5179ad.jpg

IMG_1206_zpsb879bf4d.jpg

IMG_1204_zps6aca813d.jpg

^Need to ditch that awful s*** radio soon! :rant:

Also took advantage of the decent weather over the weekend and treated her to a full Winter clean!

IMG_1213_zps8c87047b.jpg

IMG_1216_zps06f9faa9.jpg

Also managed to get hold of a machine polisher, so will be trying that out when time/the weather allows and finally getting rid of the bump strips (like I always say)! :blush:

Quick picture of the mx5 as it stands, although it does need a wash! Won't be like this for long though, as I've got plenty of parts in store/on order for next year! :lol:

IMG_1223_zps06608b73.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a few things done over the weekend. Took the seats out and gave her a big clean inside and changed my grey interior for black. Also painted the handles, interior seat trim and window switches gloss black. Looks loads better in my opinion! Here's a few pictures...

image_zps73d1987d.jpg

image_zpsf2eded27.jpg

Just need to get my Centra's refurbed and back on for the warmer weather!

Also for anyone interested, I'm just waiting for my new wheels to arrive for the Mazda. Already got some coilovers waiting to go on, but though I'd do it all in one. Will get pictures for anyone interested! :D

Edited by T3LLIOTT

Can I just ask how you fitted the harnesses? Thinking about getting some for mine but not sure on fitting them!

The sides of the harnesses were attached to the seat base and the backs were bolted into the thread underneath the rear seats. The screw pattern is the same as the rear bolt that holds the seatbelts in place and also MK2 Golfs. Think it's M14 off the top of my head.

But and this is a big but... If you're fitting buckets with harnesses, be warned you will be strapped in and won't be able to move. I.e can't reach the heater, can't look forward at junctions etc etc. great for the tracks and B roads but a pain in the **** on the road!! That's why I sold them after 3days of having them in!

Edited by T3LLIOTT

im after a black gear knob and handbrake from a lupo...

Sand down and spray paint your handbrake. I did my door handles and plastic seat trim parts and they cam out nicely.

I have a black gearknob, but if I ever sell the Lupo it will be going back on as I'll not be selling the BFI one!

The sides of the harnesses were attached to the seat base and the backs were bolted into the thread underneath the rear seats. The screw pattern is the same as the rear bolt that holds the seatbelts in place and also MK2 Golfs. Think it's M14 off the top of my head.

But and this is a big but... If you're fitting buckets with harnesses, be warned you will be strapped in and won't be able to move. I.e can't reach the heater, can't look forward at junctions etc etc. great for the tracks and B roads but a pain in the **** on the road!! That's why I sold them after 3days of having them in!

Ah fair enough! Might be a plan if I ever retire the Lupo as a playtoy rather than a daily then! Cheers!

Or get bucket seats with normal seatbelts! ;)

ah I have that, well ish, at the moment! reclining buckets that were a cheapo ebay rubbish thing but they look a bit like mk5 r32 recaro buckets, good enough for a start, but thinking of maybe selling up this year or next, depending on funds!

Picked this up last night, think it will look great in the Lupo once fitted!

IMG_1608_zps5aabbb53.jpg

The Winter weather's pretty much over, so the Centra's will be going back on in the next couple of weeks. It will be good to see everything that should be on the car, on the car at last! :wub:

Mazda goodies will be fitted in the next couple of weeks too! Just waiting for the wheels... :shifty: