Bek's Lupo

mebex

Hi everyone,

Got my Lupo s 1.4 a few months ago. I don't know much about cars but I'm slowly learning and enjoying improving my Lupo. Done a few things to it the last few months.

9515715121_5c9c1b0d22_c.jpg

I have all the boring grey interior in the car. So I've started by getting some black and red seats to replace the stained grey ones.

9518452996_6ccba045fa_c.jpg

The seats were a little dirty so I hired a rug doctor and gave them all a good wash.

9515662081_56c0f42f5e_c.jpg

9515661999_4c6667f930_c.jpg

After a good clean the car is looking really good.

I've also put some new wheels on as the old ones were all cracked.

9518452646_e3078e1dde_c.jpg

I've still got loads I want to do to the car, just need to save up some more money now. I'd like to get some more black interior to match the new seats (door cards, parcel shelf etc). The suspension on the car is looking really bad, its all corroded away (not even sure how it passed the MOT to be honest). So, perhaps some coil-overs and lower it a bit before the next MOT. Eventually I'd like to get the bumper resprayed as it's got really bad lacquer peel along with the wing mirrors. - I don't know what it is with red Lupos but when I was looking to buy one there was only red available in my area and all had lacquer peel on them.

Car looks really good, it looks so much better with the black and red seat :)
Can't wait to see what else your going to do.

fair play you got a really clean car there, paint work looks in great condition... loving the polo g40 in the garage too

The G40 is my boyfriends, it's the love of his life lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that is clean and tidy, he has done a cracking job.

Are you aiming yours to be on the same level of tidiness

Now that is clean and tidy, he has done a cracking job.

Are you aiming yours to be on the same level of tidiness

Haha I wish! He's put a lot of time, effort and money into his car. It does sit in the garage and mine's out on the road and used a lot so it's not going to be as clean. Hopefully it will look better once we've made a few changes though. But to be honest I don't think it's ever going to compare to the G40, lol.

Lovely G40, looks so clean and tidy, the seats have made a massive difference to the inside of your lupo

I have a few black plastic interior trims, if your after making it grey to black, got rear pockets under (that are under rear door cards) centre console, under dash shelfs, left and right plus a few other bits here and there, send me a pm

q6mCNZd.jpgOn the car at last! Only took a whole day lol.

9728953329_bbebbe5f6c_b.jpg

To be honest it's a little lower than I wanted it. Yeah I know! But we did the speed bump test and it failed big time scratching all under the car. So tomorrow it's going up slightly and the camber needs sorting too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey car is looking sweet! I could have sworn those pics were taken off Guiseley high street down the little cul de sac with the new flats behind Santander. Then I saw your car in the halway house car park last night and realised it must have been! Love the retro wheels on it but its super low!! I did exactly the same with my car with coilovers, lowering, scraping, raising it, camber etc. What does yours sit at now?