Lupo E | Common Faults? D.I.Y Guides?

elwarnio

Hi Everyone,

Just bought the Missus a V reg Lupo E, Jazz blue I believe the colour is. I've been around the VW scene for a few years having owned a mk2 Golf GTi, 6N2 Polo GTi and current a B6 Passat TDi and Lupo E.

There are a couple of faults with the Lupo, which I am hoping ClubLupo members can help me out with.

The rear wiper arm doesn't move and it's stuck 3/4's of the way round. The water sprays but the arm doesn't move. I have thought about getting a new motor, well new to the car, scrap yard or ebay. Is there anything that I can try before resorting to this method?

The drivers door doesn't open from the inside, meaning that I have to exit via the passenger door. Is this a common problem or are there any guides for fixing this issue?

I would like to replace the parcel shelf (there isn't one), both bumpers and get some genuine Lupo hubcaps to cover the grotty steals. If anyone is selling any of these or owe anyone who is, I'd certainly be interested.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Mark

- To your first issue, it might be worth just disassembling the rear wiper motor. They do have a tendency to jam, but usually it's the jet that fails, not the motor itself. If not, scrapyard yep, you'll get one for a few quid.

- If you whip the doorcard off you'll see that the mechanism connects to the door handle via a latch-cable that simply hooks on. I imagine this has come disconnected, however until you take the doorcard off we won't know. Now's the time to do it as you can avoid breaking the clips in the warm weather :)

Mark

- To your first issue, it might be worth just disassembling the rear wiper motor. They do have a tendency to jam, but usually it's the jet that fails, not the motor itself. If not, scrapyard yep, you'll get one for a few quid.

- If you whip the doorcard off you'll see that the mechanism connects to the door handle via a latch-cable that simply hooks on. I imagine this has come disconnected, however until you take the doorcard off we won't know. Now's the time to do it as you can avoid breaking the clips in the warm weather :)

Skezza,

I did have a look at the wiper motor, I haven't removed it from the car although I am hoping to get time to get it off and open to see what the issue it. As you say, more than likely that I will have to contact a scrapyard for a motor, how much should I be looking at paying?

I managed to get the door card off, only the two bolts behind the handle are actually holding it on, the latch cable was hooked on, I have to open the door via a cable tie which is conncted to the hook. It's probably the mechanism inside the door.

Thanks for you help!

I've got 2 hub centres that clip onto the wheel bolts and cover up the Inside of the steel wheels and hide the bolts if you we're interested don't hesitate to drop me a pm :)

I've got 3 intact!

Hi Jay Lupo,

Do you have a photo or photos of the hub centres, where are you based?

Thanks!

I have 4 13" trims if your close to me?

Ashh, I think I have pm'd you regarding these trims :)