Lupo tdi -daily high miler :)

richardn

Hi there,

Quite a few of you will probably know my lupo by now as I've had it for around 5years and been to many shows .

Starting a new build thread as my old one is around 3 years old now.

I use the car everyday and was doing around 600 miles a week ,moved closer to my work now so I have a bit more cash to throw t it to keep it going,did have a deposit on an 06 cooper s but changed my mind at the last moment :(

I'll try and get some pics up of how it stands now :)

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

Then this weekend i took a trip to dark side developments in Barnsley to have a bigger intercooler fitted.

Made a huge difference to the intake temps and really happy with how it looks and works

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Can just about see it through the bumper

Also had a new steering wheel out of Ryan's show winning lupo,I'll post that pic up tomorrow

Thanks for looking

• 1 month later...

Standard internals amf engine,

K and n panel filter,

Turbo back stainless exhaust with hidden tailpipe,

Darkside developments hard pipe intercooler kit with 51mm pipes throughout(standard pipes are 37mm),

Brand new engine mounts,

Team dynamics 1.2 7x15 Yokohama ad08 195/50/15 tyres,

Weitec coilovers ,

White line rear arb,

Next step is

Hybrid turbo ,

Polybushing all round,

Interior strip,

Bucket seats ,

Had lots of problems at the ring to be honest :( went there before intercooler was done and engine kept backing the power off due to huge intake temps upto 70c now doesn't go above 30ish degrees unless in traffic .

Looking for about 130bhp plus after the turbo and injectors are done :)

Edited by richardn

Hi richardn.....I will be watching your car with a great deal of interest as I would like to do this to my car next year if possible. As well as upgrading to racing injectors, remap I might also try a PD150 air intake box if I can get a hold of one although I'm not sure it will fit into the slightly tighter Mk2 Arosa engine bay. The Mk2 Arosa has its cylinder shaped air filter behind the o/s/f arch liner and bumper wtf car designers!! I previously got in contact with DD about seeing if they did a shallow sump for the 1.4tdi but they said they didn't :(.... as there are horrendous speed bumps up here and I like running lower on my coilies and I can't afford static plus the now and I prefer keeping a spare wheel lol. My Arosa doesn't look as though it's that low but as I'm sure you've also noticed the sump hangs down a lot lower than the petrol ones do and is even more noticeable on the Mk2 Arosa than it is on the Lupo....I reckon it may be because of the different shape of the front bumper. Its a pity DD don't do a shallow sump for the 3 cylinder lump as they do one for some of the 1.9 tdi engines. I also considered running a one off cut down dry sump with a swirl pot for the oil and maybe an electric pump but again space is still a bit too tight to safely locate the swirl pot and feed lines :(.

Dblock....Can DD supply the parts only?? .If they did, maybe you could put a shout out on CL, Svag etc and see if there's anyone that could give you a hand to fit the intercooler etc up in Scotland closer to you for beer money?...... Could save you a good few quid mate on labour costs. Dunno if DD could also work remotely with another mapper/tuner up here to save you having to travel to Barnsley just for a remap. Darkside might be able to email a custom remap to your local tuner after your local tuner has sent down the new performance data etc because of the other upgrades. It all really depends if DD is willing to be more accommodating and more flexible to help customers save ££££s. Might still be worth a bit of research to see if this can be done this way or if this might still cost too much before raiding the piggy bank!! Personally I would like to diy fitting the parts with some experienced/knowledgeable help then get a remap from DD.

Has this had a map to suit.

+1 richardn

If it has and if you don't mind me asking, how much are DD taking for it? Also have you had a catalyst bypass/delete fitted and an EGR delete done too?

Sorry richardn if I've imposed too much and asked far too many questions etc on your thread there mate lol. If I won plenty on the lottery I think I would just get DD to do the same mods as they did to their yellow Arosa tdi except without the NOS lol. Road legal discreet diesel Wolf in sheeps clothing......hmmmm!

Forgot to add that to the spec,it's running a garage midnight stage 1 revo map,

If you having an intercooler off them get it fitted there as if there is any troubles they can fix it on site ,was rolling roaded on the same day as fitting but not mapped by them,gonna wait to get the injectors and turbo done then get it properly mapped :)

I might look into the different air box,or just junk all the standard pipe work and just have a silicone pipe to the turbo with a cone filter

• 1 month later...