vcds basic settings for 1.2tdi

adr1an

I was hoping someone may be able to give me advice on the most cost effective way of using some sort of vcds / vag.com software and interface for doing basic hydraulic settings and error code checks/ clearing for the lupo 3l 1.2tdi.

I recently completed some essential maintenance on the hydraulic system; accumulator, gear actuator gasket and pipe seals. I understand that after this type of work a basic setting should be done. the hydraulic system appears to work fine with 6 changes before pump kicks back in (only 3 before accumulator changed) and no unwanted noise when changing gear, however I would like to be able to do the basic setting to avoid any possible future gearbox problems.

I have read quite a bit about vcds / rosstech and it appears that I could use registered vcds lite and a third party interface, but I would like to know from others who may be able to advise me if this is the case or any alternatives. my only concern is that when I search rosstech website there is no information on the 3l, just the hydraulic system (or perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place).

any advice would be appreciated

many thanks

I got my VCDS lead from ross-tech. I have tried a few cheap leads over the years, but I use VCDS a lot, and I can't afford to muck about with unreliable leads. The support from ross-tech has always been excellent.

I made the mistake of using a very unhelpful middleman when I bought my first Vag-Com lead about 10 years ago, yet Uwe and Bruce at Ross-tech were still a great help. So the next time I went direct, and got a lead delivered from them in about 2 days.

The basic settings procedure is here.

many thanks Derv, sounds like I need to splash out the cash and get one direct from rosstech and thanks for the basic settings procedure. do you know if the rosstech lead and vcds will give me the ability to find and correct errors for the 3l. as I mentioned rosstech don't seem to list the car or engine.

thanks again derv

VCDS will do everything you need for the 3L and more. I'm not sure 3L ownership is even possible without it.

Vag-Scope which is part of the VCDS package can be very useful too. I had an intermittent ABS fault, which I would never have found without it. I had to plot the wheel speeds for 30 minutes, before a split second drop-out appeared on the graph.

There is the OBDII function too, so you can read and clear engine fault codes on pretty much any modern car. I sometimes use VCDS on the Porsche when I can be bothered to dig out the Durametric lead.

Be warned though, as everyone in your area with a Volkswagen, Audi, Seat or Skoda will become your new best friends. :lol: