Replacement

davidelliott294

The disAstra will do more than the ST on long motorway journeys as its missing a cylinder and 500cc. My ST does 21 - 32 depending on amount of lead in foot. Average is 28.

Don't think you'd be disappointed with either. 5 pot sounds a lot nicer than the Vauxhaul engine though.

The disAstra will do more than the ST on long motorway journeys as its missing a cylinder and 500cc. My ST does 21 - 32 depending on amount of lead in foot. Average is 28.

Don't think you'd be disappointed with either. 5 pot sounds a lot nicer than the Vauxhaul engine though.

Definitely give you that it sounds better, the note from the st and RS is just jizz material. Wouldn't call it disastra but..

Anyone think of any other recommendations?

Edited by davidelliott294

If you are looking at those two then you may as well consider the mk5 Golf GTI/Mazda 3 MPS/A3 in either 2.0 turbo or 3.2 V6

Really like the golf but if I was to get one it would HAVE to be the edition 30 and that's kinda out my price, don't really want to pay that for it. Mazda 3, really like that car. Might have to test drive one and get an insurance quote. Are you aware why some have a bonnet scope and some don't?

Haha.

The scoop was added in the facelift, I assume they changed from a front mount to top mount intercooler

Looks much more badass with bonnet scope. Face lift seems to cost a hell of a lot more. Definitely gonna test drive one. Anyone driven one before?

The facelift will be comfortably outside your budget but you'll get a very nice low mileage example well within your budget. Bang for buck, there's not a lot that will compete with them. One downside to the earlier model is the annual road tax is around £460, the later ones managed to get in to the £260. It puts a lot of people off but in the grand scheme of what people spend in fuel over the year, to me another £200 isn't a huge price to pay.

The facelift will be comfortably outside your budget but you'll get a very nice low mileage example well within your budget. Bang for buck, there's not a lot that will compete with them. One downside to the earlier model is the annual road tax is around £460, the later ones managed to get in to the £260. It puts a lot of people off but in the grand scheme of what people spend in fuel over the year, to me another £200 isn't a huge price to pay.

Yeah road tax isn't too much of an issue.

I could just buy a facelift bonnet anyway.

Is gonna be quite a hard choice. It is a shame they only come in 5 door..

The Mazda 3 does have a quicker to 60 from standstill but that'll be because of the lsd.. I wonder what it would be like against the astra on a rolling start?

Looking at reviews on the Internet, hardly anyone can fault the car and there are very little faults with them..

I'm currently considering one but not driven one yet. I like the looks of the facelift but prefer the understatedness of the earlier cars. Have a read of the reviews for the BBR tuned one. A remap see's 290bhp. A revised fuel pump, replacement downpipe and a map will see 320.

The only issues with the early ones seem to be potentially with the vvti actuator. From what i've read there should have been a recall and fixed under warranty.

I'm currently considering one but not driven one yet. I like the looks of the facelift but prefer the understatedness of the earlier cars. Have a read of the reviews for the BBR tuned one. A remap see's 290bhp. A revised fuel pump, replacement downpipe and a map will see 320.

The only issues with the early ones seem to be potentially with the vvti actuator. From what i've read there should have been a recall and fixed under warranty.

Very little in terms of issues and will tune a lot easier than the vxr. Still seriously like the vxr, such a hard choice.

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

Edited by davidelliott294