Romanian Lupo - the UPO

Danyutz

As long as the sizes are written, no issues, with the mentioned tires as well - otherwise, if police stops you and notices the wheels, well, you can be left without car's papers.

The car came with 13" wheels (the steels i have on it), from Germany and the size was written on the Brief - Romanian MOT writes only the size they see on the Brief, unless you talk them out.

Different to here then, we can run any size wheels but have to tell insurance company over here other wise insurance won't pay out if we have a crash etc

Managed to fix my upper door card, was loose, changed all the pins - all good now.

Ordered alternator belt, it's set to be changed tomorrow.

And i hope i'm gonna get the reg plates tomorrow!

Ah, finally, it is registered!

559735_563992863646960_1665846689_n.jpg

Other updates include, fuel filter and alternator belt change.

Ordered a set of Bosch Xenon Silver H4 ( had them on my previous car, was very satisfied with the white light ) and changed the normal lights for SMD.

After a trip to the seaside ~1200km, managed to know the car better and I love it! Fuel consumption is kicking great 5l/100km! Got some bad news as well, Check Engine light and the car tends to hickup under 2k rpms. And I managed to break my side's door handle - which have been ordered, plus the trunk shelf which was missing, they arrive tomorrow.

And another bad news, my registration certificate arrived - idiots got the color wrong, they wrote brown instead of black!

Edited by Danyutz

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little beast you got there :) Has pretty much options, compared to mine. I love the interior!

Where did you got the Bosch Xenon Silver H4 lights from? I'm also looking to change them and I was thinking at Philips Xtreme Vision. Are the ones from Bosch better? Is that light a bit xenon-like?

Cheers

Hey,

IDK if the Bosch lights are better, I used to own them before and I liked them, so I think it's a matter of getting used to.

As for updates, took the car to service, for the Engine light, seems the temp. sensor was messing around, it has been cleared.

Fixed the check straps, with new bushings, but my side strap needs replacement, as the inner door one is broke as hell.

Ordered NGK spark plugs!

Sounds like some crazy bureaucracy you have to deal with getting a car registered over there. Cheap insurance though, winner!

Had a nice day so I decided to work on the car a bit. The plan was - change spark plugs and fix the rust on the boot, of course I had a little detour :lol:

Started with the boot (sorry no pics), the area under the wiper was so rusty when I got it, the paint started to peel off. So i cleaned it with sand paper and then painted 3 coats of primer, it's gray, but no more rust - it will do till I paint it.

I remembered I had some satin paint can and decided to use it on the front wipers, left one was in bad shape, but after primer and 3 coats of paint, they look like a charm!

Along with the spark plugs, Jesus they were tight! 3 of them were GM and a single one was NGK, changed them all to NGK.

Lastly but not last, cleaned the car!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No updates lately, just the passenger window decided to stop working, I can hear the mechanism click when i press the buttons, but nothing. Reverse lights don't lit up and the electric mirror heating doesn't work, they aren't warm whatsoever.

• 1 month later...

No major updates here, just bought a brand new set of winter tires, Vredestein Snowtrac 3 and changed the antifreeze liquid. Gonna keep it like this until spring time, when new shoes and lowz coming!

LE: Anyone can suggest blade like wipers?

Edited by Danyutz

Oh and how useful it is! Got the car's documents, phone car charger, gloves and nothing is visible, love it!

After almost 6 months of owning it, almost 190k km, I love everything about the car, easy to park, cheap to maintain, fuel consumption is low and the list continues. On the list of things to fix is the rear wiper water sprinkle and the passenger side window doesn't drop - i can hear the switch clicking tho.

Managed to fix the reverse lights - was a matter of blown fuse.

I know I asked about heated mirrors, but I don't think it have them tho, because there's no fuse in the fuse box - although the mirrors are electric.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Starting the year fresh, ordered cambelt, water pump, crankshaft and camshaft seals.

Later this month I might make myself a nice little present to be used starting spring time :)

While my mechanic colleague was changing the timebelt, etc, i installed the aux adapter, here's some photos how i did it. Initially I wanted to draw the cable and the female-jack in one of the blank buttons beneath the climate controls, but the adapter cable is too short and i couldn't be fussed to dismantle the box.

1st of all, removed the double cup holders and the little change holder (or whatever that is called) and pulled the jack-jack cable from the double-din unit, all the way back, behind the climate controls - warning it's tight!

0jblU2il.jpg

Then, you can see where i put the adapter, right on top of that coin holder.

WOmbrMDl.jpg

Drilled a hole in the coin holder and pulled the jack

1CxsEbBl.jpg

And the finished product

MwP5YEQl.jpg

Want to add that the cable is long enough, so i can pull it and place the phone/mp3 player, w/ever the source wherever i want.

looking good, could you buy a female to female extender to put it into one of the blank switches? Extend, drill a small 3.5mm hole in one and glue the female bit to the rear side of it?

Edited by mattarosa