Romanian Lupo - the UPO

Danyutz

Hey,

Just bought this little fella, it's a '01 Lupo 1.4 16v, with 180k km on the odo, fully serviced 'till 2010 and i'm very proud of it. Has electric windows, mirrors, A/C and the interior as i wanted it, with red stitching on the sides - my mrs. really likes the cats/mice upholstery :) Car has recently been imported from Germany ( i really wanted a car that was driven there, not here ). Car's in a pretty good shape, it wasn't maintained in cleaning conditions, but that's something i'll take care of. The rear hatch needs a respray, seen some rust on it, others will follow.

I have tons of plans for the car, only that budget is really low atm and I need to register the car - that's a first.

The photos! Car was the same when I picked it up - seller couldn't be bothered to wash/clean the car - that will be the first thing to do when i have some spare time.

gbSiFZKl.jpg

ZkeCmyal.jpg

3GMw3AWl.jpg?1

Thanks!

It isn't, maybe you you could take some photos of how it's constructed and installed ? :thumbsup:

I'm sure a lot of people would find it interesting :yes:

Thanks, I thought i could clean the center part this weekend, but following that operation, I can't do it home, no tools.

Sorry for bombarding with questions, but do the cup holders come off, or i have work off the lower screws?

Thanks for the help!

I noticed alarm sensors hooked on the roof, somewhere on driver's side [passenger side in UK], pointing front and back. Also when i lock the car from outside, the led flashes near door locks.

How can i know if it still works?

Finally gave the car some cleaning today, also did the interior and wanted to see how to remove the silver rings, i hit a dead end here. I thought it's easier to remove them, but it seems i have to remove the dashboard!

RSWzkgll.jpg

As for the alarm, found a button behind driver's seat, pushed it a couple of times, nothing happened...

Noticed that my 3rd brake light doesn't work so decided to take a look .. my God everything is corroded, now I'm looking for an entire one at the "car dismantle"

Next up, oil change Monday, with the other filters as well. Also ordered the hose that was a problem.

Okay okay! I've been inspecting it a bit, but my technical English is down so I must take some photos, because I don't know all the terms and you would probably understand like .. nothing

Tomorrow, because it's already evening now!

Edited by Danyutz

Are lupo's in UK doesnt have a glovebox? I have it too,,

Did it definitely come as standard or has someone modified the polo one to fit? No, as far as I'm aware none of the uk lupos have a glove box as standard.

Here's the promised photos. Took some close-ups so you guys can see how's the fitment.

As I removed the cupholder, i've noticed that the lower part where they mount, it's united with the glovebox [see the photo]

uryEMWjl.jpg?1

one of the hinges close-up + torx screws position

PzwJT9Sl.jpg?1

the other 2 hinges, with one looking like a cogwheel.

LoHMvVxl.jpg?1

There's 2 additional torx screws upper, which are hooked to the dashboard.

And the little button which i found in the back [messed the focus here]

bnYYcvbl.jpg?1

Let me know if you need any other pics!

Looks like it was standard on european ones then.

The little button turns off the internal sensors to allow you to leave your dog in the car for instance and still alarm it.

Thanks Chris, do you know if there was a special remote for alarm, or it activates automatically from the key?

Pressed it once [little red LED lit up], closed the car, then opened using the keylock and waited, nothing happened. Also tried it the other way around, still nothing. The alarm might not be connected or something.

I rest my case, because I just got a call from one of my colleagues, that the car is beeping in the parking lot. Looks like it's working, idk how, but it does. Thing is I usually leave both windows a cracked open, so the air flows when it's to hot. I think that some bug ventured inside and was caught by the sensors.

Anyone has a clue with the dashboard pic, how can i paint the rings alone, do I have to remove the cables?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trapped in the Romanian bureaucracy, parked the car as I can't register it until probably next week and the temporary plates have expired.

At this point, the car has been serviced, only need to change the alternator belt and the fuel filter.

Passed the Romanian MOT yesterday and I talked the fellas there, to write 14" and 15" wheels on the car's ID - really happy!