Lowering VW lupo sport

wheel whore

I've been looking around on eBay at lowering springs and I've found some that say they will fit a 1.4 but because mine is a sport will it make a differance? And how much should I lower as I was think 60mm but then if I had people in my car it would scrape alon the floor... Or lower it 40mm HELP!

• Like 1

I've been looking around on eBay at lowering springs and I've found some that say they will fit a 1.4 but because mine is a sport will it make a differance? And how much should I lower as I was think 60mm but then if I had people in my car it would scrape alon the floor... Or lower it 40mm HELP!

The suspension is the same throughout all the petrol models really, sports are no exception. 60mm will be fine with a fully loaded car, you won't scrape unless you're going up against HUGE and i mean HUGE speedbumps. There's hundreds of threads about lowering springs, pro's cons, 60mm or 40mm etc. Use the search function in the top right and have a gander through some to help you make up your mind

i went the springs route (as they came in a box with my car when i bought it) and if my experience is normal you end up with a pretty bouncy car, It lowered the car 40mm which for everyday use is easily ok. so i reckon you'll be good for 60mm. Now i have a Sport and should i lower it i will go the Coilover route this time.

No point in buying coilovers unless you can justify having them, as in using then for track use, which is what they're designed for :L in my opinion Go the spring and damper route if you're set on a height and happy with it, or be a p*key and just get new springs but this'll kill the dampers really quickly. If you don't have much money too spend then best bet is springs and dampers, WHATEVER YOU DO. AVOID JOM COILOVERS. They're horrendous, kill all ride quality and they completely screw how the car performs, you might aswell weld in a bar where your spring and damper should be. Worst things anyone can ever put on a car. :P best place too look would be on kam racing or even just google "lupo sport lowering springs" and see what it gets you, best advice is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you spend pittance then it'll most probably be crap! AP are good in my opinion :P

Edited by Mattz341