Lag of boooost

Richie7Rich

The car has been driving fine upto the time for me to come home after work Friday as you do.... Started up like normal but it felt like the turbo wasn't working at all it was that gutless so I pulled over turned it off then on and that sorted that boooost! You really could feel the difference, any ideas? :)

• Like 8

Hope your turbo aint going. Fairly hefty bill to get it fixed I'm afraid. Might just have been a one off.

• Like 1

I don't think the lupos came with vnts? I thought it was a2's etc?

Either way if a turbo is gone its gone all the time it would be making weird noises, smoking and everything inbetween. Try giving it a blast out warm it up properly and rev the crap out of it to clear it out. Works a treat.

Its a thought one if my friends came up with. I would have thought that too when it works it works well! Like it been mapped lol it certainly will get boosted quite often with me :-) I'm having the egr blank put in tomaz its not as big as my golf i could get to that lol

Right guys a bit of an update i had my obd2 plug in earlier and it happened again but it showed that the turbo was producing boost! So I'm now thinking that it could be a cylinder or two not firing up? I'm asking the garage to check the glow plugs for a start and hope it only that rather than injectors! I wouldn't be best happy

A bit of an update they checked the glow plus and they said i had half of one so I'm kinda lucky it started at all! also said the ecu had a few codes on it from the egr to other things. it also didt wanna start again? But when it did it was firing on all fours! :-) i must admit she goes well that well, to distances my golf beats it by 10 mph every time which when you think my golf is running around 160ps its very good going! Not much i can takes pics of really the needle sits at the same rpm just takes alot longer to get anywhere, they also fixed a ball joint a track rod end, tracking as a wheel was off by 2 degrees! Did say the front dampers was soft but working as they should.

• 2 weeks later...