hii lupo newbie

craig9712

hi my names craig i just bought a 2000 1.0 black lupo last week as my first car i love it.

but i have an issue but i didnt know who to ask so i found you guys!!!. erm is the clutch pedal supposed to be really high if its just had a new one? and apparntly iv burnt out the clutch in less than week but its under warranty so iv given it back to the mechanic i bought it off to get a new clutch.

because when i learnt in a new car with clutch pedal in the middle i struggled with the really high clutch so any feed back would be brilliant just so i know if its my driving or the car

thanks

Edited by craig9712
  • Like 2

Is your clutch slipping ?

Someone with a bit more knowledge on here could probably tell you more but I think it might be the pedal box.

It went my clutch burnt out apparntly after less than a week the mechanic has got it back but when I got it last week he said it was a new clutch I doubt I could burn it out in a week if it was new I drive like a normal person that's just got his first car

Does his breath smell bad cos it sounds to me like he's talking $hit, a clutch in a week would take some doing

Edited by GTIChris

The high pedal position could indicate a pedal box issue (common on lupos, loads of threads if you do a search) as suggested or it could just be that the garage didn't set it up right. It's a bit suspicious that it went in a week so I'd suspect the latter tbh.

Sorry with it been my first car I'm bit of a noob so it's not supposed to be that high?

Mine's higher than the other pedals tbf. Get some pics? Where was the bite?

The bite was at the very end of lifting my foot off the clutch not what I was used to other cars so I struggled in driving it I over revved and stalled alot and couldn't hold bite on a hill for too long without the awful smell I will get pics when I get it back

Really sounds like the clutch was set up wrong when he replaced it. Make him sort it for free & don't go there again :lol:

Should be, unless they make same mistake again! Looking at this...

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/33400-the-definitive-pedal-box-thread/

...the pedal's more likely to be lower if the pedal box is knackered rather than higher so it probably isn't that.

Tighten the clutch cable. Not that I know how to go about it. :lol: Had to have it reset on the last loop as it hadn't been set up right when the clutch had been changed under its previous ownership & the clutch pedal dropped right to the bottom. A copper drove past & helped me push it to the side of the road as it went on a bloody junction :lol: Managed to limp to me local garage who said there's 2 tensioners, the manually set one had let go & the automatic tensioner reeled the cable in. When I got it the clutch was a little heavy & the bite a little high, our Dave at the garage just reset the cable and it was lovely afterwards, best 20 quid I ever spent.