CD/Radio selling question

edt

Treated myself to a £££Pioneer unit & looking to sell the original on. It's the original Lupo double space CD/Radio, think called 'Beta',

Now it's out, will I need to dig out the code ? I've had the battery off before & it didnt challenge me after that, but now it's been without power for a fortnight perhpas makes a difference.

Cheers

• Like 3

Code will be stored in your ECU. Another car will need the code. For what it's worth, keep it to put back in when you sell the Lupo and sel the Pioneer separately or keep it.

If you have the manual the code is on a piece of perforated card in the back of the sound system manual. It also mentions that Vw will provide you with the code free of charge should you misplace it!

null_zps2a715483.jpg

null_zpsc847c035.jpg

Edited by coopersim
  • Like 1

Yer check the manual + left side of boot, sometimes they put a sticker there with the code on it.

But like coopersim said, VW will give you the code for free, had to do that with my passat and not a problem

I'd just keep it. When I wrote off The Green Machine, I ripped the aftermarket head unit out and left a hole in the dash when it got picked up. I told the insurance assessor that I had the BETA head unit at home and he told me he would up the offer £50 extra if I dropped it in to his office :o Can't go wrong with that!!

Edited by Skezza

£40 for a Beta seems a bit much. I thought that Gammas only went for around £20, and they're the next model up.

Edited by Philplop

interesting! Though seem to be getting around the £40 mark online anyhow.. and that's a good night out

Well the funny thing was, they offered to sell me the salvage for £50 lol! So for the £50 I had made returning the radio, I could have bought the wreck back. I was desperate to do so to be honest as there were plenty of parts that could be sold on. In fact, it could have been repaired for about £300. I declined, although I desperately wish I hadn't.

That said, an insurance balls up means they can't destroy the vehicle, so I assume it's still sitting in Middlewich :clap:

There are always beta and gamma head units on ebay, always seems to be damand for them. The ones that include the code normally go for a bit more. Go to a VW dealer and give them the serial number on the side of the unit, and they will give you the code.

Ive never understood the point of the codes and the removeable buttons on some gamma units, noone is going to steal a gamma unit