Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

• 2 weeks later...

Got so much time on my hands at the moment as i'm off work due to a broken ankle but i'm still getting things done.

Decided to try and remove some of the scratches from the rear window caused by the rear wiper. Turned out better than i expected, if anyone is interested i used a Rayon pad and Cerium Oxide.

finally got time to sit down and read through this thread!! its a stunning example you have built there matey!! the paintwork and effort you have put into it is spot on!! How have you found the Brembo Max's so far on? I'm looking at buying them for my upgrade :)

finally got time to sit down and read through this thread!! its a stunning example you have built there matey!! the paintwork and effort you have put into it is spot on!! How have you found the Brembo Max's so far on? I'm looking at buying them for my upgrade :)

Ah cheers mate! I have done around a 1000 miles since fitting and so far they have been superb. Perfect for what i use the car for?

I got them from Kam Racing, there under MK2 Golf as they share the same 280mm discs. Not sure how much they were.

i ended up getting exactly that, i knew when i looked on the lupo and they showed 280 nd only had oem discs i went searching in mk2/mk3/carrodo

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'll be the 1st to ask were did you get the heater dials from, and are they a straight swop ?

They look great by the way.

Correction 2nd to ask, i was just beaten to it.

Edited by 666DUB

Looking really good dude, where were the dials from ?

Ok, I'll be the 1st to ask were did you get the heater dials from, and are they a straight swop ?

They look great by the way.

Correction 2nd to ask, i was just beaten to it.

I got them from here http://www.txrgt.com/product/vw-polo-6n2-heater-controll-knobs

They are very good quality, but you do need to get a red bulb for the heater dials as well.

When you order put in the comments you need them for a Lupo.

nice man i was thinking about those switches for the heater controls wasnt sure about them but the look nice!! very nice touch with the coolant cap!

They are definitely an improvement over the standard ones? Yeah it makes a big difference for something so little!

• 3 months later...

fancy sending me some info on the pipe you used to connect the breather into the BMC :) I'm gonna run mine through a catch tank but would still like to plumb it all back etc.

• 1 month later...