Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

The PO mentioned something about remap in Sunderland

Do you have smooth or hard rev limiter - mines hard at I think 7600 and it drives me nuts!

Remind me - you did a full engine rebuild?

mine had recently had the head rebuilt by the PO, not sure how good a job he did as the head gasket has just gone. He claimed to have done a slight port of the head, but I couldnt see any evidence. maybe new rings would gain a few ponies on mine

7 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Do you have smooth or hard rev limiter - mines hard at I think 7600 and it drives me nuts!

mine had recently had the head rebuilt by the PO, not sure how good a job he did as the head gasket has just gone. He claimed to have done a slight port of the head, but I couldnt see any evidence. maybe new rings would gain a few ponies on mine

Unfortunately it’s hard rev limited, it was annoying till i got used to it. No doubt you’ll feel the same once you drive yours some more. 

Yes i did, new rings and seals every where. New valves and all the other bits in the head. I reckon there is more to be had out of yours👍🏼

7 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Unfortunately it’s hard rev limited, it was annoying till i got used to it. No doubt you’ll feel the same once you drive yours some more. 

Yes i did, new rings and seals every where. New valves and all the other bits in the head. I reckon there is more to be had out of yours👍🏼

After driving it some more, it’s safe to say its a little rocket now. Had a side by side rolling race through Mexico with a mate in his Clio 182 which has a full exhaust and a map. 50mph 3rd gear pull, i’m ahead up until about 100 then his 2.0 gradually pulls back. Pleased with that though! 

Also tried on my mates Enkei RPF1’s, what do you think? I really like them!

7k53SGK.jpg
Cj3BfFH.jpg

2 minutes ago, LR5V said:

I like those Enkis in bigger diameter, but in that size the thickness alloy outside the spokes makes them look small.

More importantly how do they compare weight wise to the Superligerras?

Yeah this way my thought, other than that i’m keen.

They are a bit heavier, i think they are around 0.4kg a wheel heavier.

I like the wheels but reckon they do look a bit small, especially with those tyres on, you planning on exploring the moon?! :P

Well today was the last trackday of the year for me and the Lupo, at Snetterton again. 

I cannot describe how good the car feels compared to the last time on track. The new rear beam and geometry really has transformed the way the car behaves, so much more balance and composure through the high speed corners! The extra power is massively noticeable also, much more low down torque out the tighter corners. But, the best part is the brakes. They really are incredible compared tonthe standard calipers.

Overall it was a good day, other than one little moment I ended uo facing the wrong way. I was chasing an MR2 for 3-4 laps, we was both pushing hard then suddenly he has a lot of smoke coming out. Can only assume the engine blew up and dumped all his oil on the track, causing me to do a 360 almost instantly lol!

bb171QQ.jpg

7Qh4hiD.jpg

Well today was the last trackday of the year for me and the Lupo, at Snetterton again. 

I cannot describe how good the car feels compared to the last time on track. The new rear beam and geometry really has transformed the way the car behaves, so much more balance and composure through the high speed corners! The extra power is massively noticeable also, much more low down torque out the tighter corners. But, the best part is the brakes. They really are incredible compared tonthe standard calipers.

Overall it was a good day, other than one little moment I ended uo facing the wrong way. I was chasing an MR2 for 3-4 laps, we was both pushing hard then suddenly he has a lot of smoke coming out. Can only assume the engine blew up and dumped all his oil on the track, causing me to do a 360 almost instantly lol!

bb171QQ.jpg

7Qh4hiD.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, Clayton! I really love your build! I think your GTI is my favourite one atm. I like how you transformed the car since 2013. I have started with a 1.0 yellow Lupo, now having a yellow TDI with remap ( around 100hp). I follow you on insta and YT. I want to see more activity on YT with your angry little Lupo :D

Cheers from ROmania! :) 

Have a good one!

Edited by lupo_ro
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 3:27 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

Well i’m back from a long weekend at the Nürburgring, if you have never been I highly advise you to go. The most incredible place i’ve ever been, a petrol heads dream! The Lupo performed faultlessly and not a single issue! Oh and the tyre writing didn’t last, a permanent solution is being worked on.

I’ll leave a few pictures below??

grTMii3.jpg

qitDveB.jpg

MgREUGL.jpg

Ddc0Crv.jpg

NNgL1Gx.jpg

DH1yokd.jpg

93iPiGS.jpg

ESXWysO.jpg

Rich is that you in the car with Clayton?

Plenty of miles being put on the Lupo lately, all fun miles too! As it’s not my daily driver, every time it gets taken out it gets ‘driven’! 

Winter plans are to remove front subframe and everything else on the front end and powder coat the lot, the underneath will then be finished. The dash and doorcards will be getting flocked as i hate the texture on the standard dash and the doorcards are a horrible grey material. 

Gave it a thorough clean today, wheels off and arches all cleaned up, something i find really satisyfying to do.

rzx1arw.jpg
h1HGVce.jpg
WuVLXjy.jpg
6VNTLm7.jpg
ZznZ4CK.jpg
DrgnMQZ.jpg
HQNf6DR.jpg
FOe0X6t.jpg

Edited by CLAYTONJONES
  • Like 1