Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Such a stunning car, have you thought about changing the coolant expansion bottle for a new one? I only say this because i replaced mine in my 06 Ibiza Cupra and it made a surprising difference topped up with fresh G13

13 hours ago, Trx 33 said:

Such a stunning car, have you thought about changing the coolant expansion bottle for a new one? I only say this because i replaced mine in my 06 Ibiza Cupra and it made a surprising difference topped up with fresh G13

Thanks mate, it is actually something on my list to do! I know it makes a big difference with a fresh bottle, recently changed one on my brothers car :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't think i'd ever put these up for sale but the time has come. These are mega rare in 15".

They are in good condition, a few chips on the paint here and there, nothing major. Dishes are in good condition. Tyres are Bridgestone Potenza's 165/55 with around 5mm tread.

Specs are:

15"
4x100
7J 
ET12
CB 57.1

Price is £650, can ship for extra.

DSC_0018-2_zpsuwnzckhn.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsh2nlivk5.jpg

DSC_0021_zpszqkwrc6z.jpg

DSC_0069_zpshygcjdbr.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No good update on this as it has been sat like this for the last 2 months. I thought i'd refresh all of the suspension components to OEM bushes as well as changing every nut and bolt to new ones. I ordered two new ball joints to be told one was on back order and could take up to a week. A week went by and to then be told the ETA is 28th December. I ordered it on 20th October. I then got told today that the date has changed to 'unspecified date'. Great, so it will continue to sit like this till it arrives??

6DAF5068-E189-46A9-9BDB-F295A001F651_zps

mate join the club. still havent had a call from lee about my ball joints! :( i ordered them nov 5th hahaha.  lemme know when your gunna go down to him and ill see if i can get down around same time to see your  wagon

1 hour ago, Reedo said:

mate join the club. still havent had a call from lee about my ball joints! :( i ordered them nov 5th hahaha.  lemme know when your gunna go down to him and ill see if i can get down around same time to see your  wagon

Yeah i spoke to him the other day and he said you was waiting for them! Once the car is done i'll be going up to see him about some paint??

A few new updates. The Lupo has had a full refresh underneath, every single bush has been replaced with new OEM. Decided it was time to get rid of the AP's for something better, went for BC Racing coilovers and I am so glad I did. Mega impressed with the way these ride and handle! Also decided i fancied some harnesses so got myself a harness bar and a set of OMP harnesses. I think they go really well with the Recaro's. Also fancied a bit more noise so I had a custom decat fitted. A couple of pictures and video below??

68A22355-7AB1-4880-8260-3FB02D216C56_zps

EE314AAF-5A6E-4636-98AF-7484540FF827_zps

D815C66F-945A-408A-ACCE-E3BBF980801E_zps

Edited by CLAYTONJONES
  • Like 2