Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

CLAYTONJONES

Blown engine @ 64k, unlucky! Looks nice though. That exhaust isn't standard is it?

So whilst i couldn't drive the car the first thing i wanted to do was get in my garage and inspect the paint. I was shocked to be honest, i didnt realise people could clean there car so badly. It looked like it had been cleaned with sand paper!

So i prepped it, ready to be machine polished.

Also, fitted some LED sidelights, LED number plate bulbs. Red strip round the grill and De-wipered the rear.

null_zps3b53f98b.jpg

null_zps78fc2d68.jpg

null_zpsd009697d.jpg

null_zps81576684.jpg

null_zpsffe90422.jpg

Blown engine @ 64k, unlucky! Looks nice though. That exhaust isn't standard is it?

Yeah terrible luck! It is standard exhaust, its just hanging too low which i need to sort. Thanks for comment Edited by CLAYTONJONES

Oh right, yeah there's a fix for that, a few people have run a bolt through the rear mount (I think) up into the boot. Have a search, I know Piers & at least 1 Pete have done it.

Very nice work on the polishing. Handy it's off the road for a bit, every cloud an' all that eh? :thumbsup:

What did you use for correcting the paintwork? Looks a lot better!

I used a Das-6 pro with a chemicals guys yellow hexlogic pad combined with 3M fast cut plus. Then followed by chemical guys green hexlogic pad combined with Menzerna final finish. Great combination.

I must say I applaud your positive attitude regarding the engine death, I would be fuming!

Just tried to change the main beam bulbs, the passenger side was fine and works. The drivers side, the clip that holds the bulb in place came out, i put it back in fine and fitted the new bulbs but for some reason that side doesn't work now? Any reason why?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...