2 dates on my liscence?

MikeyThompson

Hi there please help i asked admiral this question and they said its from the second date and then i recieved an email from DVLA to say that its the first date..

basically when doign any quote for car insurance they ask if you ahve a full uk licence and how long you ahve held that liscence...

Well i did my motorcycle test and passed in january 2012, so in my eyes thats when my liscence was updated to a full liscence.

Then in 2013 in january i did my car test and then my liscence was sent off and updated?.. well the only obtions they give you when doing insurance qutoes is uk full or uk provision and how long you held it.. Well in my eyes Ive had a uk full liscence since january 2012 as thats when My liscence went pink and i would class my paper liscence as a full licence.

So if any1 knows about this please help a the different in insurance between saying ive had a liscence for over a year and for 4 moths is almost doubled.. so dvla send a message saying its from the first date so i assume its from the motorcycle date but Admiral said different :S

Please help thank you

• Like 4

You passed your BIKE test in Jan 2012 = 1 year 4 months

You passed your CAR test in Jan 2013 = 4 months.

Bike insurance and car insurance are two totally different things.

You should have the two different dates on your licence to show when you passed the respective tests.

• Like 1