Project Doris... Lupo SDI

NornIron

Crikey, 6 months since I last updated this thread! Doris has trundled on for another 7,000 miles since then...

MoT is due again next month, so I popped her into the garage at the weekend, up on axle stands and a thorough examination. At this point I must apologise for a complete lack of pics... doh!

So the verdict was the following needed attention for MoT this year:

OSF Wishbone Bottom Bush Worn
OSR Shock Absorber Weeping
2 x Bump Stops Disintegrating
2 x Driveshaft Oil Seals Leaking
NSF CV Boot Torn

So... a phone call to TPS sorted out the parts order, with the decision to replace both wishbones and both rear shocks for peace of mind.

Everything went to plan until when removing the driveshafts, the brass washers fitted in the gearbox had disintegrated... A phone call to TPS and they delivered within a couple of hours, however the washers they had in stock were the wrong size.

Another call, the correct parts ordered, delivered the following day... and back to work. Six hours later, all sorted! Incidentally, after removing and replacing the worn components (shocks, wishbones, CV boot), all were genuine VW parts, leading me to assume they are probably the originals... not bad for 113,000 miles!

I'll pop into my friendly independent tyre centre at the weekend and get the alignment corrected, as the new wishbones will have affected it.

Thanks for reading...

Dear NornIron

I have just read through this thread (that's a lie as I only read through the first page and a half then consoled myself by only looking at the pictures) and find myself feeling impotent, inept and generally a waste of a decent SDi!

Please immediately forward details of how you ****, shave and shower that I can try and emulate your achievements at the most basic levels.

Cheers

Ian