£2000 to spend....but wot on?

boaby82

i have a loop gti, i have already fitted an exhaust and is booked in for `re-mapping`. was wondering if anyone could give me ideas wot to spend the last two grand of my savings on???

p.s. im trying to avoid nitrous

cheers

What have you done to your loop?

A top end set of fully adjustable coillies, a fat set of polished rims (probably Bbs, rial or summat) Extensive arch work (as it would be slammed) and some tints if there was any change.

Thats what i would do, and as its tooooo easy to spend that amount of money on a car.

Youve got plenty of options smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But i would defo suggest coillies (If you havent got any)

:oops: sorry.

£2000 is plenty of cash to make a diffrence.

You could spend the £500+ fitting on cams.

Port and polish upto £100

£25-£100 for an inlet manifold.

$130 + building time, and set up fees for a mega squirt ECU.

£550 for jenvey tbs

£500 for coilovers.

Find someone to fit it :wink:

QUOTE(Tigz)

Find someone to fit it :wink:

*coughs * ross *splutters * laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
*coughs * ross *splutters * laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />  :P

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nar a bit more work involved than popping down to Northampton :wink:

QUOTE(Tigz)
wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->
QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
*coughs * ross *splutters * laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />  :P

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Nar a bit more work involved than popping down to Northampton :wink:

yeah especially when buggering about with cams , if u screw it up u could end up knocking the timing off and getting piston slap on the valves , and end up having to change them as well

How many miles are on your Loop Ross?

On a Service program I use, as soon as you enter a Lupo it flashes up to check the Belt and tensioners at every service.

Please excuse me if tht doesn't make sense.

which is best for a lupo gti???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You want DCOE boddies, although I couldn't tell you what would be best for a 1.6

I know a 1.4 needs a 40mm bore, Id imagen the 1.6 will be the same.

This is the one you would be looking for.

40, 42, 45 or 48mm Bore - kit of 2, 4cyl in line £401.85

From Bill you'd also need a Throttle pot, Fuel rail and trumpets.

Injectors can be had 2nd hand, you should look for Bocsh 150 injectors.

Loads of options here, I happen to know someone who is selling a set of G60 injectors, for £50 inc delivery.

If not Ebay has loads for sale.

You can either get your self a self build ECU for $130, Speak to Ross about that, I belive hes sorting them.

Or you could buy a pre-built one for around $400 although I have seen one on Ebay a little cheaper.

You'd also need an inlet manifold, drop me a pm after ordering with Bill, and I'll have a word with a chappy who may be able to get you one.

Then theres finding someone to do it.

Expect to pay more for this, than you would for the kit you need.