An observation

Skezza

On the arosa it's just 2 clips. The back plate slides off. There is a spring clip holding in the bulb. Push so the bulb is free reverse order. The hardest thin is space though. I left the air box in but if i moved it, it would have been easier. I moved the battery out for more space on the other side.

No idea about an Arosa. Looks quite tough on a Lupo though.

The father in law replaced my headlights after I hit a pheasant. Would of taken piccys but I buggered off out as he took ages. His words exactly - 'Your headlights are a right mare to work on, even changing a bulb is an epidemic' - he's a wagon mechanic so I guess that's saying something aha. I think it's the fact that its a tiny space, the battery is in the way and there's so many clips and bits to secure its unreal. I'll see if I can nab a few pointers from him and get something down as it would of helped me to do it on my own if something was on here like

Jade, if you could, that would be great. I will have a whack at it hopefully this weekend. I've not even bought the bulbs I want to fit yet, but it's a case of being able to do it in the first place.

• Like 1

:cheeky:

Haha. I should have read my response before I pressed Post... derrrrp haha :)

Any tips for changing a headlight bulb Pete ? :P You've always come across as fairly industrious with regards to your Lupo! Although I know yours is a GTI

Haha cheers :D

Emm...on the se I stuck hids on so had to take the bulbs out (and subsequently replace them when they weren't road legal anymore) but it was proper ages ago so can't really remember tbh. I think though it was just a black plastic cover with a metal clip that needed shifting. Once the cover was off it was just a matter of twisting it out? As I say though it was a good few years ago!

What are HID's? Is that the conversion kit to make your normal light into a true Xenon? Or are they the bulbs that simply use twice as much power so put out twice the brightness?

What are HID's? Is that the conversion kit to make your normal light into a true Xenon? Or are they the bulbs that simply use twice as much power so put out twice the brightness?

High intensity discharge. So yes the true xenons with ballast and everything. I got the H7R version and made sure they arent dazzling.

If you fit them they have to have self levellers and washers (like on the Gti). Or at least that used to be the rules. I remember Koop posting something that said they were going to be completely outlawed but I don't think anything has come into force yet.

High intensity discharge. So yes the true xenons with ballast and everything. I got the H7R version and made sure they arent dazzling.

Yeah there are certain types that really aren't bad. A lot of folk on here used to greet about the fact that "all HIDs are ridiculous and blind everyone" but I never really thought it was true. I had mine on for two years and never got flashed once by people thinking they were too bright.
  • Like 1

If you fit them they have to have self levellers and washers (like on the Gti). Or at least that used to be the rules. I remember Koop posting something that said they were going to be completely outlawed but I don't think anything has come into force yet.

Technically you have to have self levellers and washer as you said but come MOT time I might need to swap them which isn't too bad tbh.

I think it depends on the design of the headlight. On my last car it came with xenon lights as standard but had projector lens. Other people would stick in some hids but it would only be blinding because the beam pattern was everywhere and once aligned was usually ok. Or the wrong kit was used.

The H7R's have a small blacked off area so its not dazzling to other drivers.

Wow, I never knew the subject was this intense haha :P I just want to change a bloody bulb haha!!! :D

• Like 4

Not me. Quite the opposite in fact :lol: New MOT rules came in stating HIDs with a light output exceeding 2000 lumens without self levellers or washers were a fail, however there's since been new guidelines stating, basically, if the light output isn't clearly marked then you've no way of knowing so you might as well pass it :wacko: Apparently it was getting a bit ridiculous as OEM HID systems were being failed despite working exactly as they came out of the factory :rolleyes:

I've just been out & took some piccies for a headlight bulb how to :)

Git tae fock

yep that one works too :lol:

Edited by Koop
  • Like 1

I done another one :Dhttp://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/95377-how-to-remove-split-front-vw-badge/

Now get on with that brake switch guide Skezza ;) Also need to change my 3rd brake light bulb & I haven't worked out how to get that out yet.