Retrofitting VW Fox electric windows

Colz20

Hey guys,

Been the owner of a Fox for the past two years now, but couldn't get an Urban Fox at the time, so had to get the basic one with non-electric windows! :doh: With summer (hopefully) approaching, electric windows would be so much nicer!

Does anybody know if it is possible to retrofit them, and if so, how much for parts/where to get them from etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

Cheers!

I also was interested in this, i know companies can do it with aftermarket parts i believe. I assume its quite difficult as you have to go through the fuse box, fuses and switches

It's certainly not impossible. I imagine the doors are all the same design, as such have all the necessary cavities in which you could place the motor and regulator etc etc. All you might need to get is the wiring loom from another fox + parts of course and perhaps enable it in the ECU?

@Tee17 I have seen aftermarket kits that can be fitted "universally" but would rather stay OEM, simply because I just like the idea of re-using stuff, haha!

@Skezza Might be an idea to get in touch with a breakers and see if they can source a Fox with electric windows and then just strip the internals and *try* to fit them on my car...

My exams finish mid-June so I should have a bit of time to play with to try and get some work done, until then its just pipe-dreams unfortunately :thumbdown:

Cheers for the replies though lads

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...