Lowering compression ratio on my lupo

Anthony Gaulter

So I have a ko3 turbo on my lupo 1.4s 75bhp I am wanting to lower the compression ratio on it but not sore if to put 2 gas kits in or to get a shim made and how thick dose the shim need to be? To lower the ratio it is the standard 10.5 to 1 now been told I need it at 9 to 1 any help would be nice.

Don't know how thick they are not measured it but don't think it would be more than a 1mm, but did think of getting the pistons skimmed down. But every one says just space the head with a shim, how did you work out it being 1.2mm?

Yes I can split the gasket and have the 1.2mm shim in the middle of the 2 half's of the gasket but just wanted to know how you worked out the 1.2mm in the first place, so if I ever need to lower the compretion on other cars or is there an online calculator?

Yes I can split the gasket and have the 1.2mm shim in the middle of the 2 half's of the gasket but just wanted to know how you worked out the 1.2mm in the first place, so if I ever need to lower the compretion on other cars or is there an online calculator?

I have an Excel spreadsheet I wrote a long time ago.

The maths are pretty simple. If you know the bore, stroke and compression ratio, you can find the chamber volume. from that you can work out what increase you need to give a certain CR, either by increasing the cylinder head chamber, piston dish, or gasket thickness. Or you could use shorter pistons.

I don't know how much abuse the stock pistons will take. I guess you may find out.