Mk8 Polo heater control knobs in Lupo - anyone tried?

joeb_444

Hi All,

Just joined the forum having bought myself a 2005 Lupo GTI. Picking it up from Dublin on Friday, cant wait.

I've bought the new chrome VW headlight switch and was wondering whether it would be possible to change the heater control knobs to match?

Does anyone know if a) The heater control knobs on the Lupo are easily removed, and B) if the Mk8 Polo knobs would fit??

I've found the Mk8 heater controls on ebay, and although the panel wont fit, the controls look a similar size...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-12-VW-POLO-MK8-AIR-CON-HEATER-CONTROL-UNIT-MANUAL-WITH-KNOBS-BREAKING-/300774611498?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3APolo&hash=item4607905a2a

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

They would complement the Up headlight switch very nicely, which is a straight swap I gather.

They don't fit I'm afraid I bought a set of polo 6r heater controls to try this last year. Firstly the switches are different sizes plus they fit differently to the control unit so they aren't just a case of pull off, push on and thirdly the center switch holds the bulb to illuminate the lupo controls the polo one doesn't

• 3 weeks later...

Im actually in the progress of this conversion, but i warn you all! you need to cut up the polo knobs, the lupo knobs, the lupo interior panel, the polo interior panel, the polo surrounding for the knobs (with the dials and stuff on) and then in the end, glue most of the stuff together, putty the interior panel and glue the surrounds onto the light tranfering clear plastic on the lupo heater. i will get some pictures when im closer to being done!

Im actually in the progress of this conversion, but i warn you all! you need to cut up the polo knobs, the lupo knobs, the lupo interior panel, the polo interior panel, the polo surrounding for the knobs (with the dials and stuff on) and then in the end, glue most of the stuff together, putty the interior panel and glue the surrounds onto the light tranfering clear plastic on the lupo heater. i will get some pictures when im closer to being done!

I'm out.

• 1 year later...