Elephant Insurance help

Jason_lupo22

I have a normal policy with elephant insurance and i phoned them to ask about adding coilovers to my policy and i was told no for no specific reason. So was just wondering if anyone on here was with them and has been able to cover things like coilovers with them? Cheer :thumbup:

I'm looking at quotes for this year with elephant, covered for modifications, and the difference is like £20. So for quotes it seems they allow them. Odd they should say no

You probably got some idiot who doesn't know what coilovers are, try again & just tell them you want to lower the car.

Yeah the folk at elephant don't seem too clued up on mods. I had to tell them it was height adjustable suspension before they realised what i was on about...

:D haha, I can imagine what you said "they make your car go up and down" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Elephant will allow coilovers, I'm with diamond who share the same underwriters and are basically the same company. However they will only let you lower up to 50mm, there is an option for more but I've never spoken to someone who's had it okayed by elephant. You don't need to say coilovers just say you've lowered it to 50mm :)

If you can't get through to someone english on the phone use the online quote system, this lets you add your mods and as Alex said I think they charged me £20 per mod which pushed my price up to £640 for a 10 month policy, all mods declared at 18 which isn't a bad price!

Still having no luck with elephant and havent been able to fit my coils as i dont want to be driving around with pretty much no insurance :( I did a quote with you guys Tim but came back at over 2k for some reason :s