So it begins - Boot build

Woah, looks awesome! Have you spaced the wheels out, because they look great.

No spacers. I think the pictures do it justice, when i bought it the rear was already cambered so there is a significant gap on the rear i would like to fill, maybe 20mm either side but ill have to see. Front is spot on for me, however the way i have taken the picture, the wheel is turned out so you can see the arch gap but you cant see the track width. The arch gap is good but the track width isn't as wide as it looks and is nowhere near 'perfect fitment'. The car is what i like to call 'functionally lowered' - if i were to go any lower i would have daily problems seeing as i go over some fairly mountainous speed humps daily and also regularly carry a full car load lift sharing to work.

After i get a sound system sorted i'm looking to treat her to some new shoes in the form of Enkei 92's or Klutch SL1's with a bit of stretch, however these are only plans and are nowhere near set in stone so will most likely change when my bank account inevitably plunges into demise.

• 2 months later...

Definitely one of the more challenging projects i've undertaken but it'll all pay off when i eventually get the ol' girl to a show.

Cant remember if i've posted before but the problem was BOTH the ECU and throttle body - initially the heater wire on the lambda probe shorted the ECU but the throttle body valve was also forced into an unnatural position which was sending a corrupt signal to the ECU, replaced both units then had to tackle 3 pages of MOT fails.

Needs a new gearbox now though, also needs cam + crank seals, water pump, the belts and a couple of bits and bobs so i'm SORN-ing it until i can find (some money) a gear box.

In other news the silver stallion is back with some fancy disky brakes :thumbup:

13869043865_0b955445ce_b.jpg

When i swapped the rear coilover adjusters over i found they had corroded massively, they had bonded onto the old beam and pretty much shattered off, leaving chunks behind still stuck on. Not what i was expecting from parts that are only around a year old. AP coilovers - brilliant ride quality but they don't seem that durable.

13869047335_cd4324f423_b.jpg

Freshly refurbished and poly-bushed along with 'furbed calipers. BLAAACK.

Yuuuuup. CUUUUPRAWWWR :thumbup:

So much quicker than the twins, great fun to drive too and its nice to not worry about something going wrong. Already chucked a good chunk of cash at it so i can call it my own but the next load of pay checks will be going towards the black one so i can 1, drive it and 2, start modding again:

£800 - £1000 - Wheels/Tyres

£600 - Bodywork/Fenders + Paint touch up

£600 - Interior

£500 - Sound system

Thats what i'm hoping for, don't really want to spend much more than that as i'm well broke and getting broker. Aiming for 2015 show season - if it doesn't go tits up and i hit that ill be happy.

• 2 months later...

Once again, long time since an update so get straight to the photos:

14698692379_76ae99330a_c.jpg

Had a 9 hour detailing session on the Cupra in the 2 weeks i had off work - washed, clayed, washed, polished, sealed and waxed.

14801855024_10fdefffe3_b.jpg

14804225155_dcf91aafc7_b.jpg

14617593418_233e30d490_b.jpg

Following that i embarked on a little work on silver:

14884997042_c6e8382500_b.jpg

Cluster out, and a little bit of soldering then.. POOF nice white lights :D

14882868294_4e12987fc3_b.jpg

14882283571_d819027721_b.jpg

The way the light is spread in this particular cluster design means there is a little colour leak from the LCD LED's bugs me but thats a problem for another day.

On a side note, i WILL finish this boot build, i'm just incredibly lazy :sweating:

I also have a Mk2 bootlid to fit when the build is done.. so yeah.

• 1 year later...

Ok then.

Unfortunately circumstances have changed and the world has decided to S**t on me.

Silver has now been stripped and put back to standard (mostly) - She will be up for sale once i have finished with a few bits and bobs.

Black has taken a turn for the worst. Since the gearbox decided to implode, a lack of funds and a gearbox has seen her deteriorate. She will be broken for parts most likely.

Red is going strong with a remap by John at Bigfish tuning. Due to my annual mileage tripling i now cant afford the petrol though.

Blue. Yes. I've gone and got another.

She is a little Canica 'rosa TDI. And she's beautiful.

A trip on the train up to dundee saw me pick up my new daily, a member on here kindly passed the keys and i cracked on as soon as she was home.

a couple of you may recognize the car.. or rather the reg as she's had a fair bit of work since i got my grubby mitts on her.

I feel this thread has veered off from the title - and since the car in focus will now be no longer worked on, i will create a new thread in the members cars section.

If you would like to feast your eyeholes on the new motor then i suggest you try to find it in the members cars.

Over and out.

Edited by Trx 33