So it begins - Boot build

Also, what you driving around so i can keep my eyes peeled :P

Taffeta green lupo sport on (kinda) polished castellets, you will hear me before you see me though haha :) have a few other friends with lupos but they stay down newcastle way.

Also two of my friends are mechanics at arnold clark :P

Epic build!

Do you have any more pics for the installing of tweeters.

Haven't got pictures from when i was installing them but these are the best i can get now :D

9383079857_e47b5ddc59_b.jpg

9383082239_4bdef8f231_b.jpg

9385864028_250ac4c15c_b.jpg

9383086815_0cf0aeafdb_b.jpg

• Like 1

The box isn't finished but i couldn't resist hooking everything up, i did originally want the amp where it is now but it currently dosent fit with the boot lid trim, i need to look into recessing it into the back plate of the box.

9383092685_acf732bf4c_b.jpg

9385874526_6f133aa26d_b.jpg

9385876954_1c3f115b44_b.jpg

9385881860_cdc07a799e_b.jpg

9383104343_00ccd96a67_b.jpg

9385891316_49e7c5e567_b.jpg

The clearance of the subs against the back seats

9385906510_ed409f8939_b.jpg

9385897168_cdc559a6e6_b.jpg

9383119909_52541a6508_b.jpg

I still need the top of the box and the trim panel for the front made, along with fiberglassing, sanding, painting, trimming and possibly more bracing. Tested them and there is a lot of flex in the box along with plenty of rattles. Still a fair amount of trial and error to go but for now im pleased i've got a bit of bass back :P

Not as loud as i was hoping but the box still needs finished and sealed so fingers crossed it will get better with time.

How did you do the slanted wood piece? Just sand it down till it sat flat on the bottom piece? :)

Jigsaw :P bit it ain't perfect - far far from it actually haha, going to seal it all up with silicone when its ready to stay in but i've got to get it in and out a couple more times so that will have to wait.

After running it for a few days i have realised i may need to brace it some more and possibly anchor the top of the box to the car, at 33Hz the box is practically ripping its self apart :sweating:

All of this will have to wait though as i've got to fault find all of the wiring in the engine bay of black, fried the ECU again after plugging it in and finding the rear lambda sensor wasn't the cause of the fault. A brand new NTK sensor was probably a good idea though as the one it came with was pretty badly bodged - Tax is due around today/tomorrow and the MOT is up mid next month so the priority is getting that going.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as its doing my head in :P

if you want more clearance on the subs, the seats on the rear have two back rest positions, the clips by the seat belts have two notches on them (the ones you pull back to release the seat)

dont mean to tell grandma how to suck eggs, just incase you dident know :)

I thought about having the seats notched onto the other one but the gap between the parcel shelf and the seat backs made the OCD in me take over, just didn't look right :P

Thats why i tried to make the gap between the subs and the seat backs compensate for the excursion, i would say i've got it as close to perfect as i can :P

They'll probably foul a bit on full excursion but ill just have to lower the backs if i'm playing it that loud.

Im planning on removing the backs of the seats and covering them in 3mm foam then leather vinyl, ill be doing this to the trim panel for the box too when that eventually gets made.

This should match the door cards when i eventually get around to trimming those so it will all look tidy even when the seat backs are down.

Something i found out when i was fiddling around in the rear, VW have kindly placed a slit in the boot/rear seat trim panels, on the top, so you can fasten the rear seat belts to when they are not in use :D

How very considerate :D

Just bought 2 JBL 10's.. Do you reckon I could make them fit with the port and subs facing upwards?

Just found a couple of pics of my old system, the 2 10's were mounted on a board that was flat on the boot floor, so if you were to raise the mounting plate there should be plenty space to have a port :D

9410267501_3f5f202b67_b.jpg

9410270411_b6ff09bf24_b.jpg

9410268555_c3e6ee3ae3_b.jpg

9410260589_603fd79176_b.jpg

This is the board:

8872575577_cd9f258a92_b.jpg

Unfortunately i'm back at work now and they've slapped on a load of mandatory overtime so updates will be few and far :( Boo.

I've also ran out of money. If i get the time though ill try to get my door cards wrapped so watch this space :D

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while! Still not much done though lol

Finally cut my Lupo kick panels to fit with the 'rosa dash.. unfortunately i now have no bonnet release pull, making do with a set of pliers for now, ill see if i can get my hands on one that fits. I'll get some pics soonish as she now looks like a real car not a half arsed project, kick panels make a surprising difference :P

Also i've got a set of proper tailored mats which is a nice change from the crappy Asda i had before

This week ill be getting a set of Powerflex bushes so they will be going on ASAP before the MOT along with the tyres i've STILL yet to fit. I've taken off the alloys and stuck the old steelies back on as there was literally NO tread left, i reckon another 2 weeks and i would have been in a hedge with a popped tyre.. so she looks pretty grim at the mo

Cleaned her on the weekend though so here she is all foamy

9657065989_ce3c6bf967_b.jpg

Looks to be a nice foam that, what you using?

Its lovely to use, its like icing a big car shaped cake :D

This is what i use:

9665951801_2f3363319f_b.jpg

You can get it from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ - I get all my cleaning stuff from there, brilliant service.

The Lance is top notch, i was using the detergent bottle that came with my nilfisk to start and it was just not sticking. The lance properly aerates the foam so it comes out like whipped cream, its a must if your snowing.

Please excuse the crappy phone pictures but here are the kicks.

9669180542_5eed53d1ae_b.jpg

9669182234_f822c5711d_b.jpg