Is it safe to spray carb cleaner directly into the air intake on the throttle body with the engine running?

Exactly what do you wanna clean?

I want to give the throttle body a clean, but if I use it with the engine running I am assuming it will clean alot more than just the throttle body. I think I will leave it though. I'm not entirely convinced it's safe

I've not heard of any major issues from spraying carb cleaner into the air intake, although personally I wouldn't recommend it. That said, like Jamie says, you'll get a whole ploom of smoke, probably a **** load of error codes fly up on your ECU and then it will probably be fine.

i got 2 error codes both relating to the throttle body but i presumed it to be from when i removed the throttle body halfway through cleaning it rather than the the carb cleaner going through it,

i got 2 error codes both relating to the throttle body but i presumed it to be from when i removed the throttle body halfway through cleaning it rather than the the carb cleaner going through it,

Ahh, that may well be the case!!

i did it on my lupo engine running and had no probelms since just had the huge ploom of smoke out the back when i sprayed it in there, after spraying give it some revs to clean it through the system because even if the engines not running your still gonna get it go through unless you remove it

No Error Codes for me

Edited by jordon123200063
  • Like 1