my lupo - lupo1.4 s

christopher higgs

I am new to the forum. I have a 1.4 16v lupo in yellow. Pictures can be seen on www.rrmp.co.uk. Its the one with the 16 inch bsa alloys. Since then i have added the following:

jvc head unit

Infinity sub

took strips off the side and removed the lupo and 1.4 badge.

2.5 inch round twin exhaust and `de-cat` from longlife.

bmc incduction kit

pipercross breather valve

power boost valve

Ecotek valve

lowered 40 mil on apex springs

lexus lights

And a weeek today i am having a reiger front bumper, reiger sides, reiger back of a vauxhall, boot fully flushed, bad boy bonnet, de- badged grill.

I have also ordered a superchip and a dvd player. Then i am on the verge of getting the lupo gti discs and pads on the back and a big brake conversion on the front.

Then in January i am going to get some seats sorted out. Have arches put on and a pearl paint job.

Any suggestions to get anything else done while the car is in the body shop, i was thinking of m2 mirrors.

Someone else that agrees yellow is the best colour. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

anyone got any ideas for my car when it goes in the body shop. I want something a bit different and one off and i no there is not to much about for the lup.

I decided to go for the bad boy lights which i think look good it will my the car look evil in the dark. I no this has already been done and its not everyones cup of tea but i like it.

So if you have any ideas let me no please i have a few days left to decide. Pics would be great aswell

Hi and welcome.

While its in why not get them to blank off the `semi-circle` in the bonnet where the VW badge is and get a `de-badged` grill? Also if you are having the boot smoothed off how are you going to get in? With a solenoid? If you are stuck I know that the some SEAT's has a funky mechanism where you lift the badge to open the boot, perhaps you can adapt one of them?

Out of intrest, how much is all the bodywork costing you?

800 hundred. there is a guy over our way who owns a body shop. He will by the kits for you at trade price, as he says he makes his money from fitting and spraying. That is why is has a 3 month waiting list buts its good work. He also does the work on cars for cars for you, and sorts out body kits that have been messed up by ab styling.

"ab styling" :0 ??? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ....messed up.....i'll second that!

These guys arent that good when it comes to fitting/spraying bodykits!...wasnt impressed by the work they did on my mates corsa...

Chappas

my lupo has the tendency to cut out like once every couple of months, usually when its on full lock in first gear when you are going to park. It use to cut out all the time but then it stopped when i fitted an ecoteck valve.

I also feel the car has a bit of flat spot and i think it should be alot more powerful than it is with the mods i have.

Any suggestions? mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Youve only done basic pipe and filter mods so you should only expect, say, 10bhp max. Take it to get rolling road tuned. They will be able to tweak any extra bhp from the mods that you havent already got. This will also smooth out flat spots.