Arosa/Lupo anti-theft device

marshy1st

Hi guys I new to this forum but I'm hoping to get some feedback from the experts.

I'm currently studying design and technology at Hallam university and for my major project I will be designing and manufacturing an anti-theft device that can be used on 2/3 door cars where the front seat lifts forward (initially for my Arosa). The device will be key-less as more cars are being stolen using keys from burglaries, It will be permanently fitted so non of the hassle you get with steering locks. I have two ideas at the moment and hope you guys will give me some constructive feedback.

Take a look at the sketches and feel free to criticise or suggest better ideas thanks marshy. 520BFF35-D66A-4ECC-8C3A-72166E3800E4-7935FD1F7A2-723B-4F74-8788-BE94C08AE487-7936BB43048-EB77-4352-83D2-3169B2575FDC-7936489D76B-44D9-4996-9E12-466E2B59B402-793

There's nothing set in stone yet I've just jotted a few ideas down on paper. The part itself will probably be made from steel and be fixed to the seat or the runners that the seat sits on using anti theft bolts. I want to make the locking mechanism key-less by using a retina or finger print scanner but as its a prototype I'll probably be using a combination lock (less technical and cheaper) and showing the potential for improvements. The idea is to stop thieves that take keys in burglaries, I use a steering lock on my Arosa to give the impression to thieves that I'm security conscious and not likely to have left valuables in the car. The car has an immobiliser so thieves would need the keys to steel n which case they could just unlock the steering lock so I want to design a key-less alternative that's less bulky and awkward to use and doesn't clog up the foot-well like mine dose when not in use. The sketches are of two different designs the first is fixed under the seat and slides forward with the seat then locks into position from behind. The second idea fixes onto the side of the seat (not sure how yet) and when locked prevents the seat from returning back.