Seat Arosa Sport = side aribags?

Hi chaps,

My first post on here and I'm already chewing your head off asking for advice :blush: . I've done loads of internet searches and they all seem to suggest one benefit of choosing a SEAT Arosa Sport rather than a VW Lupos sport (100bhp model) is that the Arosa comes with side airbags as well.

But in all the pictures I've looked at, it doesn't look like they actually have - I can't see the SRS Airbag symbol anywhere in the door card...

Do they really have side aribags? I was really looking to buy a Lupo - one of the attractions being that it has a 4star Euro NCAP rating which inspires confidence - the Arosa wasn't crash tested at NCAP but I assume (?) it should be ok in a crash especially if it has side airbags too.

Thanks in advance :)

- Guy

Some do. Some don't.

The 51 plated Arosa that I looked at had Side Airbags. It was commented at the time that if this was a standard option it would have made the Lupo the safest small car of the time! Quite a achievement.

Airbags in the side of the seats where a option on the Lupo. My leather interior has them. Just not wired up.

Here's a pic for reference.

To further this reference. With particular type of leather there are only two sets in the country with airbags in the side.

Just got the today.... and they are just awesome.

IMG_4290_zps18b9678f.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

Thanks man

So I'm looking for the airbag symbol on the side of the seat then, nice one.

One thing I don't like about the Arosa is that it wasn't crash tested - I have a thing about the cars I buy being safe to drive (especially on the motorway) - but I think the German TUV did some crash testing on it and it faired quite well, must investigate further...

Thanks again

- Guy

Thanks for that, can't seem to find any crash test data from German TUV, but the Lupo seems to be alright in a crash - so if it really is an identical shell/chassis with a Lupo, plus it's got side airbags too, I'd say that's ok.

I had resigned myself to buying a Toyota Yaris at first, but they're a bit uninvolving to drive and if you want a 1.3litre you have to pay around the £2,000 mark.

When the Lupo was tested by EuroNCAP Volkswagen had two cars tested for side impact. One was fitted with the side airbags, the other with out. The differences were very noticeable.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/vw_lupo_2000/27.aspx

I am not sure if the earlier ones had the side airbags. I think (although happy to be corrected) that they were added at the facelift. The Arosa had things like remote locking that the Lupo Sport only featured as an option