vw fox urban boot problem

boddingtonsbloke

hi

my wife has a 07 plate vw fox urban and finds that when the unlock button is pressed on the remote, the boot remains locked. i have tried opening it with the key but the key spins round and the button remains pushed in. i have used wd 40 in an effort the clean the mechanics but no luck. thro' jiggling the key in the lock i have managed to open the boot and cannot see anything that might be causing any problems. having locked the car and unlocked it again, the boot remains locked.

can anyone shed a little light on this problem please? also what position should the key slot be in when the boot is opening correctly? i.e. should it be pointing upwards or across wards?

thanks for everyone time

steve rogers

Could be the electric part of the lock. I know on a lupo they are connected directly to the tailgate handle.

Although looking at the design of fox lock it could be the micro switch playing up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-VW-FOX-REAR-TAILGATE-BOOT-LID-MICRO-SWITCH-LOCK-5Z6-827-505-S-/190707611400?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c670f3708