ground behind head unit?

Hi,

Where can I find a good ground point behind the head unit? looking to ground the parking brake. I was planning to just clip the wire to the earth from the loom but it doesn't seem like that it's advised...

Cheers

Behind your head unit? You can ground on the ground wire in the plug lol... or even on the head unit itself? I grounded the parking brake detector wire thing (to stop you using it while driving) on one of the screws that holds the head unit together lol. Then, just in case I got stopped by the feds, I took the wire down to the undertray, cut it in half, put a male and female bullet connectors on, so if I ever get stopped, all I do is disconnect those two bullets and the ground connection is broken. "It's not wired up to be honest officer, I can't use the DVD player etc" ;):twisted: see how that goes down haha!

I've never used it, thus far, but who knows when I might :D:surprised:

Edited by Skezza

I read that a lot of people get static and snow issues using the HU. attached it to the steering column and its working fine.

Has anyone actually ever been stopped and fined?

I don't get why it's such a big issue, it's no different to a Tom Tom or a computer in an expensive jag. what if I want to use it as a sat nav? As long as you don't make it blatantly obvious your watching a DVD while driving I reckon it's ok.

Had a quick google and couldn't find a uk law on this so I'm not going to worry about it.

I had no issues with static unless I plugged in a poor quality car phone charger, which to be fair interfered with FM radio (takes some doing).

No idea on the stopping and fining. It seems to be a grey area though. I've heard some interesting stories to be fair.