1.0 litre Throttle Problem

Hi, im having trouble with my lupo, its hunting in idle with the revs going up and down between 700 - 1500, this has been the case for about a month or 2 now but today another problem has occured. its not revving propperly, everytime i change gear the revs climb stupidly slow with my foot to the floor until about 3-3.5k and then suddenly it kicks in and i speed off (if thats possible in a 1.0) and when pulling off ive had to redline it to stop it from stalling, i stalled 7 times on my 3 mile journey back from work :( i have read a few posts with similar problems and various attempts and fails at fixing them but there all old, anybody have any light on what will be the definitive cause of this and how to fix it. Also its blowing somewhere near the manifold which a friend of mine thinks may be a split flexipipe but this has only happened the last couple of days and the hunting in idle has been happening alot longer, could the 2 issues be connected? Please help with this, ive heard some people spend around £500 trying to solve this problem and having no luck and if thats going to be the case id be better off selling it but i dont want to see linda go.

Not tried it yet but going to give it a go over the weekend, from what ive read im not sure this will help but its worth a try. i suspect its a mixture of air leaks, misfiring cylinders and a worn out map sensor from what ive read but this whole hunting problem seems a bit hazey when it comes to fixes, also waiting for a part to sort a problem with the pre cat lambda which may be contributing to the problem but the guy whos supposed to be getting the part and apparently "serviced" the car a month and a half a go isnt answering the phone so i may order one myself.

also anyone got a guide for cleaning the throttle body and egr valve not a clue what im doing when it comes to things like this so a guide on where to find and how and what to use to clean them would be great

i dont know if theres one about on the forum, im not 100% on a step by step guide without looking at it, hopefully someone will be able to give you a hand. it seems you have a lot of problems, likely theyve all added up! Good luck though mate :)

Oh, wait just remembered it's electric throttle. Hmm, not sure then. I'd definitely recommend cleaning the throttle body first, also maybe clean the egr

• 11 months later...