Bad at cold starts & Problem - Help?

aaron.hoppy

Hi, I'm new to the forum and after searching through I can't seem to find any similar questions.

Any help with the following would be great!

- It is hard to start the car when cold, it can take a little while and just cuts off. It takes a several attempts before I can actually start it. I was thinking perhaps spark plugs?

- My speedo and rev counter only work sometimes and when they do they start at the wrong place so if I get in the car and the speedo is at 40mph then its like the 0mph, when it says 70mph I'm doing 20mph etc... I have heard something about a grounding issue but I have no idea where the ground is for the dials!?

Any help I would be really grateful,

Cheers, Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Have you done a fault read on it at all? My neighbour who is a part time mechanic seems to think that my lambda sensor a EGR valve may have something to do with it. However he said he doesn't know much about these cars so he isn't 100% on that but im going to clean them both up and hopefully it will work. I will let you know how it goes!