UK Registered Lupo 3l

TArosa

Went to have a look at this last weekend when I was down in the area, and apart from needing to repair the rear bumper, and a new front one (which I have), it would need quite a bit of TLC to getting back to it's best. Quite a few dints, but nothing a good respray wouldn't fix.

Was actually looking at it to break quite honestly (and repair/stick the best bits onto mine).

Edited by Hazy

Went to have a look at this last weekend when I was down in the area, and apart from needing to repair the rear bumper, and a new front one (which I have), it would need quite a bit of TLC to getting back to it's best. Quite a few dints, but nothing a good respray wouldn't fix.

Was actually looking at it to break quite honestly (and repair/stick the best bits onto mine).

Ahh, are you saying the camera lies, because it looked real nice in the photos apart from the cracked bumper.

Well, it's not past saving obviously, but there's the obvious O/S rear arch scrape towards the sill, and there's another big dint on the N/S rear arch -think the rear bumper took the brunt of that though. And you can't really see it clearly in the photo, but there's a scrape on the N/S front wing coming off the front bumper. Those and a few dints you can't really see in the photos. Bonnet is fine, as is the rear boot lid, apart from needing a new badge.

Like I say, good TLC would sort it. Think it's only Cat C because of the hassle getting replacement parts. Engine and running gear looked sound.

Edited by Hazy

Well, it's not past saving obviously, but there's the obvious O/S rear arch scrape towards the sill, and there's another big dint on the N/S rear arch -think the rear bumper took the brunt of that though. And you can't really see it clearly in the photo, but there's a scrape on the N/S front wing coming off the front bumper. Those and a few dints you can't really see in the photos. Bonnet is fine, as is the rear boot lid, apart from needing a new badge.

Like I say, good TLC would sort it. Think it's only Cat C because of the hassle getting replacement parts. Engine and running gear looked sound.

Yeah, I can't bid because I haven't got a CoPart account but I reckon someone intending on rebuilding this should, it'd be a shame it break it. Just my opinion though.

My decision to break it, should I of gotten it cheap, was purely down the lines of transferring the 3L bits to my car (same colour, natch), and keeping the engine for a future engine swap into it. Either that or have two green Lupos sitting on the drive. :cheeky:

Considering the effort required to get a 3L, I don't think it's too expensive right now.

However, I can't bid because I only registered last night.

There's still the live auction to come after 12pm, so chances it'll go for more.

This is what I ment lol, even though its a 3L its a cat c so will put some people off and it still does need a few quid spent on it + you get all the delivery charges and what not

I'm in contact with someone over a 3L. I really love it, it's in neat condition too, but he wants over 4k :( I just dont think I can afford that.

Edited by Skezza

• 2 weeks later...

As a danish guy, i don't understand the fuss about the 3L, you're uncommon if you have a non 3L here in denmark, they are everywere i tell you! the wierd point is tho, that body panels like bumpers, doors and bonnets etc. are hard to find even here in denmark, so it sometime's easier to buy a 3L and get the panels from it, then sell the rest in parts. if you don't mind having a LHD 3L (or just want it for parts) you should check out danish car sites (or pm me if you're confused haha!)