Fast Car Lupo Project - **page 2 what wheels?**

glenda@fastcar

At least they're encouraging their younger readers to look further for wheels than the local halfrauds ;)

Rota OSR's win for me!

Also a Lupo you had in one of your issues about 3-4 years back made me really want a Lupo/Arosa, glad I stuck to my ways as I love the thing!

^_^

christ why so defensive, it may not be why you chose them but its how it looks, i never mentioned anything about rare or crazy fitment wheels, i merely pointed out as a would be reader what i may be more intrested in reading about, and id hazard a guess alot more people would be, anyone can open fast car and pick out a set of wheels from the ad,

also what is hard about doing some researching advising readers theres a far wider and more extensive wealth of parts readily available in other places, and by doing this it doesnt need to be expensive either,

i also have wheels on my car thats never been on a lupo either( as far as i have seen in my 6 years of ownerhsip) but i took my time and did a bit of research and feel better in the knowledge that unless i sell them on you probably wont find another set on a lupo, (again as far as i know and have seen) and they cost me buttons practically

point im making is shouldnt you be taking these points on board as opposed to getting defensive an blunt,

whatever happened to taking constructive criticism and feedback,

as a magazine producing an article for readers and not listening to what potential readers may like to see is quite poor,

I'm not being defensive fella, I just have a different opinion. I never said we wouldn't advise readers of the huge choice of available

wheel options.

And if I were not listening, I wouldn’t be on a forum replying to your comments.

• Like 1

i dont really think he's being defensive... your challenging his decisions so hes just replying with his answers and reasons for what hes doing. You havnt seen the article yet as its not been written so how can you comment on whats going to be in it? Glenda and the FC team might decide to do a technical guide and point out forums etc for wheel choice...? thats up to them. They clearly have a good thing going with the mag as its always on the shelf so they are doing something right. theres no doubt he "could" have done what you say... but hes been given the wheels for free by a sponsor... its a project on a budget and im sure you will agree, free wheels are better than any when there is a budget! especially if they are brand new... If they were doing a project on an open limit budget then i would agree with what your saying but they arent...

Scotty put a good point across, and to be fair Glenda gave a good answer back.

Just to be clear, I mean on a budget to the reader, not we are on a budget. We could do a silly expensive build with £2k amps if we wanted

to, but that's not realistic to most people.

• Like 1

Thing is, like it or not, many youngsters are attracted by the wheel and tyre packages as it lets them pay it up.

So this article will be inclusive and of interest to them, which is most likely intended.

...and prices are now dropping, so are being bought by people who have neither the budget nor the inclination to go find a set of wheels to refurb and fit. They just want to buy and drive.

Very true, I think a lot of newer drivers would go for a simple tyre and wheel package. Like you say, buy, fit 'em and drive off.

Piers, im just getting at the fact the replys are we could but we dont dont want to, where something like yea thats something we may look into in future write ups or may talk briefly about that,

your point about them doing it on a budget so theyre using the free wheels theyve been given, thats hardly going to be budget for a reader, considering they cost over 700 quid including tyres id hardly call that budget

i just dont feel its a true reflection of building a car on a budget when your picking things based on whats on offer from a sponsor,

When I say budget I don't mean as cheap as possible. Obviously it could be done cheaper, but we are a magazine. The car still needs

to be a good looking car and achievable. We wouldn’t expect someone to do the build in one go like us, but do it in stages. Or, just do one stage such as lowering and wheels.

And of course we are going to work with partners and sponsors. We obviously work with and help support our industry.

At least they're encouraging their younger readers to look further for wheels than the local halfrauds ;)

That's the thing, a lot of people will just go to their local Halfords or auto store. But then they will as that's what is easily accessible to them.

That's the thing, a lot of people will just go to their local Halfords or auto store. But then they will as that's what is easily accessible to them.

You mean as easy as turning to page 23 of a magazine and ringing a number quoting and quoting your card number

I'm not sure what's on page 23... Yep, as easy as that. And just because someone rings and orders their wheels from an ad it doesn't mean they have not put time and effort into choosing them.

Sure they may not spend the time us die hard car geeks put in, and may not have as much knowledge as you guys. But everyone starts somewhere and for most people that's how they start out.

My first set of wheels were Raceline RL7s that I ordered from a magazine advert. Was a still a massive decision and took me ages to chose them and put a lot of effort in driving all over the place looking at wheels. But ultimately I got them from an advert.

Oh and any links to some of your guys Lupo builds, or maybe a few pics. Be good to see your motors :)

Anyway.... the car has just gone in the bodyshop, will post some pics up in a bit.

Edited by glenda@fastcar

Both my loops have been very much budget builds, link's in my sig. Started off with bugger all knowledge n all really.

How to spend a **** tonne of money on things that nobody notices:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/75376-vixen-the-10e-lupo-to-watch-2013-bmc-cda/

lol, looks good though fella!

Page 23 is the date lines, usually found after a lesbian feature and before readers wives

No fella, that's right at the back in classifieds lol.

• Like 1

Right, so I dropped the car off to Bristol Auto Repairs to get the car looking straight before we start the build.

IMG_9473.jpg

Plan is, get rid of the dents best we can, sort out where the laquer is coming off and colour code the bumpers. So just stripped and ready for some work.

Fantasia-Green-Lupo-01.jpg

Fantasia-Green-Lupo-02.jpg

Fantasia-Green-Lupo-05.jpg

Fantasia-Green-Lupo-03.jpg

Fantasia-Green-Lupo-04.jpg

Will post some more updates in a bit :)

Thanks Glenda. i must admit i miss it a bit....

Make sure you get in all those areas and give them a good clean up before it goes back together! :D

Binnacle out for colour coding I see :thumbsup:

Yep, a Lupo modifying first I'm sure lol.

Thanks Glenda. i must admit i miss it a bit....

Make sure you get in all those areas and give them a good clean up before it goes back together! :D

I'm amazed how much I enjoy, will be a lot happier when its lowered though lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...