Fast Car Lupo Project - **page 2 what wheels?**

glenda@fastcar

Is it staying snot green?

Yeah it is. It's booked into Bristol Auto Repairs for next week.

Plans are:

Repaint rear bumper fully green and sort out the crack

Get the dent out of passenger side wing

Get the dents out the roof

Sort out bonnet and roof lacquer peels

Paint and tidy up the front bumper

Also going to get a few interior bits painted green, well prob just the gauge cover.

Yesterday made a bit of a start on a few bits on the Lupo.

First thing was getting rid of the Lupo badge and getting rid of the rear wiper and sticking in a 25mm bung. Amazing the difference such a small mod does.

Before:
Fast-Car-Lupo-001.jpg

After:

Fast-Car-Lupo-011.jpg

And then next job was getting rid of the bump strips. Used thin wire to get them off, tried dental floss but kept snapping lol. FIrst one came off great.

Fast-Car-Lupo-021.jpg

Fast-Car-Lupo-031.jpg

And after that they were all complete bastids!!! lol So took a good few hours of heating up with a hair dryer, PVC and glue remover and lots of sore findger and busted store cards ha.

Fast-Car-Lupo-031.jpg

Fast-Car-Lupo-05.jpg

My missus getting stuck in, she was a lot better at it than me!

And ta da...

Fast-Car-Lupo-06.jpg

Fast-Car-Lupo-07.jpg

Fast-Car-Lupo-08.jpg

The doors look better in the photo than real life. Its still pretty visible were the strips were as seems one door has repainted at some point. But they don't look too bad and hopefully the bodyshop can have a look at it.

Also tried some wheels on, will post pics soon.

is it thhe light or have the front and rear bumpers been respayed as they look a different green look forward to reading the build thread

The rear has been resprayed, the light in the last pic makes it look worse than it is. Goes into the bodyshop this week for a tidy up though. Not pallning on the car being show car quality, just a bit neater :)

Right, so have a couple of wheels to choose from. Decided to get both in from Rare Rims. Both are a 15x7, like I said before want the fitment to be easy and not loads of hassle so steered clear of the 15x8.

First one is a Rota Kyusha and the second is a Rota OSR. What do you think?

DSC_5683.jpg

DSC_5670.jpg

I concur. Apart from anything else multifit looks nasty!

The plan will be quite basic, we want to make it an

achievable build, something that people new to the scene can achieve or at

least takes bits from.

Love Ami’s car, think it’s awesome!

this is exactly what i need! whens it appearing in the mag?

Hello all, I've started a project thread here as can't post in the 'Project Builds' bit at the moment.

Anyway, the car is a project for Fast Car Magazine. We wanted to build an affordable, easy to modify and cheap to insure car so we decided on a 1.0 Lupo.

Scrap that and just buy mine will probs save you money in the long run :)

• Like 1

OSR without a doubt... but you should fit the Kyusha's and donate the OSR's to me for the golf....

Im guessing the articles demographic is aimed around the 17-19 year olds who as of yet dont own a set of spanners.

I understand the point of the article is to do it on the cheap but de badging and a set of rotas isnt exactly setting the world on fire.

Originality doesn't always cost big ££££, any kid can pick up a mag and ring for a wheel and tyre package that will fit easyish and on a monthly payment scheme lol

Why not write in a style that will help people go out and try a few things, think for themselves and learn, rather then sit by the door waiting for a delivery guy then taking them down to a tyre place to get them fitted.

• Like 3

Now if you had picked a set of wheels that maybe needed spacers or adapters you could of used it as an excuse to educate your readers on PCD and Offset rather than APR and credit ratings.

You could have picked a few that crossed genres and styles, maybe a thinner set/high offset and talked about tuck, or a wider set/low offset and then debated tyre choice.

See where im going with this ...............................................

• Like 2