1.4 tsi engine

2001gti

Afternoon people,

i just thought i would jump on and see if i can find anybody that has experience with the 1.4tsi engine? the reason i am asking is because i am in the market for the new fabia VRS but apparently it is laced with problems?

tah

iv heard they are quite a good engine to be honest but im not certain. Never had any dealings with them myself... they go well tho.

oh yes ive got no doubt about the performance. i have just heard little rumours that they eat piston rings for fun and drink oil like there is no tomorrow. i have googled it, but i cant really find anything after 2009, i just hope they were the early teething problems.

this isnt a "vag" forum. Its a lupo forum which happens to be part of the VAG group. that doesnt mean you will join a ford fiesta forum to ask quite specific questions about the engine in a jaguar xtype diesel engine that was never put in a fiesta....

the X-type 2.0d engine is from a modeo isnt it?

the point i am getting at is, rather than going registering to a new forum for the sake of 1 question i thought i would try my luck on this forum as i have an account and used to be around quite a lot.. it just gets to me when people post stupid replies to such a simple question.

Mr C, are you going thinking of going for a new one? If so, get it on HP or PCP and don't have it any longer than the warranty period. Any faults fall to the hire/lease company then.

this isnt a "vag" forum. Its a lupo forum which happens to be part of the VAG group. that doesnt mean you will join a ford fiesta forum to ask quite specific questions about the engine in a jaguar xtype diesel engine that was never put in a fiesta....

the X-type 2.0d engine is from a modeo isnt it?

the point i am getting at is, rather than going registering to a new forum for the sake of 1 question i thought i would try my luck on this forum as i have an account and used to be around quite a lot.. it just gets to me when people post stupid replies to such a simple question.

you missed where i said fiesta mate... you get what im saying...

I was looking at the a1 1.4 tsi recently. I was advised that the 180bhp (turbo and supercharged?) ones were the ones to avoid, they drink oil worse than a lupo sport on a bad day. The 120bhp ones are fine.