"Solved" in help topic title

Pete91

Not so much a site mod but more something that could be added to the T&C's. Don't know how much of a pain in the arse it would be to moderate but it would be quite good to put "solved" in the thread title of help topics so people sifting through threads for help could quickly and easily see whether the issue was resolved. Members could even report the thread so that it flags up to moderators to let them know the issue was resolved and that the title can be changed?

Edited by Pete91

Problem is 9 times out of 10 the thread is started asking for help, advice is given, the person goes away with advice, if it doesn't work they come back and ask for more help, if it does work we'll never hear from them again, or until a new problem crops up. Either way, we don't hear from them regarding what was done to solve the original issue.

• Like 1

Yeah i see your point Pete. It does happen quite a lot that people come on, post a problem and then leave without saying whether it was fixed but I would still say that there a quite a few people that would go to the effort of changing the topic title to let people know the outcome.

Done!

It was a feature they'd introduced in the new version I didn't know existed. Turned it on only in the required sections, like mechanicals, etc - but there's now a "mark solved" button. Which I'll test on my post :P