Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VDubPo

So my lupo had a dent in the front wing, i got a new wing the "same" colour, however, due to the wing being sprayed that color recently, and the paint on the rest of the car being 13 years old and by the looks of things never waxed and polished by the previous owner, the new wing is slightly off from the faded paint. Alot of people cant notice it until i point it out but its doibg my head in, anyone know the best way to fix this without a full respray, either bringing the old paint back to life? Or somehow fading the new paint? If not im just gonna stickerbomb the s**t out of that wing lmao. Thanks

try a machine polish on the rest of the car, but be careful. i recently painted some parts to match our fantasia green lupo and noticed that they didn't match the body, so i went to see a mate who has his own bodyshop. he recommended some polishing pads to 'bring the colour back up'. but obviously the previous owner had polished his car rather a lot cos i went through the paint. consequently said mate is respraying the car for me. kind of him.

Gonna give it some love on the weekend and see if i can bring the colour back, if that fails anyone got a rough estimate of how much a full respray should cost? Probbly change the colour if im gonna do that cause im not so keen on the soft blue anymore.

Here's one suggestion. Live with it. You've said yourself nobody can bloody tell unless you point it out to them.

Unless you desperately desperately need it to match the colour of your car are you likely to lose any sleep over it? Like, will you lose your job if you turn up and the colour of your wing is 1% off? Is your boss that pedantic? If I was you, I'd leave it for a while. Maybe get it resprayed in 6-12 months or something, when you've scratched it a few times or whatever, but considering it probably looks like new now, it's a damn waste to respray immediately.

I second what Skezza said, live with it. That's the problem with replacement bodywork, very very hard to get colours matching exactly.

Personally I don't like stickerbombing but if's your car so my opinion doesn't really matter!

From what you've said (it being only noticeable up close when pointed out) I think a complete respray is a waste of money.

Not gonna go for the respray, id be better off selling mine and buying a new one. Im not to keen on stickerbombing full panels myself, think little bits like the grill look cool but when its a big space it looks tacky. Just gonna have to hope that polishing the rest of the cars brings it closer to the colour of the new panel. If not,oh well, life goes on. Cheers for the responses guys

Not gonna go for the respray, id be better off selling mine and buying a new one. Im not to keen on stickerbombing full panels myself, think little bits like the grill look cool but when its a big space it looks tacky. Just gonna have to hope that polishing the rest of the cars brings it closer to the colour of the new panel. If not,oh well, life goes on. Cheers for the responses guys

Yup, stickerbombing only looks tacky on large areas, small bits still retain class.