Custard died :/... Long live Steve !!

TArosa

Well if you have seen my previous thread you will know that "Custard" my yellow lupo has died, more on that see my last thread: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=91480&hl=

Sooo, "Long live Steve" the silver mk2 arosa. I believe this car has a thread already, previously owned by a good mate "Jak". Bought it at the weekend on an 03 plate with just shy of 60,000 miles; got a few freebies with it in the sale as well; set of Ronal LS's 15 x 7.5 (few flat spots but not too unrepairable), sportex back box (anyone want to buy it?), bonnet bra (again if you want it give me a shout), lupo rear lights, pressed plates and a few gamma radios.

Haven't got many pictures atm with the weather and it being dark when i get home but will get some up :).

IMG_0488_zpsc33e5d56.jpg

thats Steve :)

IMG_0487_zpsdcac47d8.jpg

Dont you just love VAG , mk2 hidden under the snow :)

Had a few issues with the power or lack of on the Arosa, and not the usual "I only have 50 asthmatic horse under the bonnet"; it felt like the car was choking and as if the throttle response wasn't there until the pedal was nearly on the floor. So i cracked on tonight with the usual suspects of throttle body and plugs.

IMG_0490_zpsc81391a0.jpg

i might add it was pissing down at this point haha.

IMG_0492_zpse06989be.jpg

IMG_0495_zpsef7fbdb7.jpg

havnt seen a body this filthy since my ragged old 99000 mile mk1

IMG_0499_zps1384569b.jpg

IMG_0498_zps035f4e2a.jpg

cracked on with the carb cleaner and a old cloth

IMG_0505_zps40acfadf.jpg

nice and shiny :)... missed a few bits but it was not budging and wasnt effecting the flap so just left it

IMG_0501_zps30b9ba12.jpg

the **** that came out of it :/

IMG_0489_zps3b82148f.jpg

also, whilst putting my head unit in decided to change the interior light for an old led reg plate light i had left from the lupo; don't know whether i like it :/ bit chavtastic but its staying for not :)

Also would appreciate if anyone would be able to identify this pipe as it is cracked / splitting on the intake mani end :/

IMG_0509_zpscf99c1f1.jpg

starts at the brake servo........

IMG_0508_zps794f8c86.jpg

and ends in the intake.

Noticed whilst cleaning the throttle body that one o the breather pipes (come off the left side of the air-box) was clogged with what looked like a water / oil mix... would be grateful if someone could shed some light on this :)

That's it for now, enjoy and will try to make updates a bit more exciting.