FAO Watch geeks. Sentimantal value: Is it worth it?

Silver!

im a bit of a sucker for a nice watch. Got a couple lay around... Got 2 TW Steel's. A TW78, and a TW673 F1 edition. Id like to treat myself to another TW steel but currently have better things to waste my money on.

Got a handful of casio's too... black digital original (amazon £7 bargain), original again but in green and the same one in blue, original again but the silver one. i also got a nice G-shock for christmas.

Got a couple of fakes too but i never wear them. Have an amazing u-boat copy and a hublot big bang (not such a great copy)

im not a fan of big, in your face watches... ironically i have TW steels... but they are classy. Not too much going on but at the same time look really nice.

The problem with the Breitling design/type of watch is that they all look fake. regardless of if its cost you 10k... they look tacky and blingy.

• Like 1

I chose a smaller g-shock because of my little wrists. Some of them are massive. You should definitely buy one though. They are the new cool kids watch (after Seamasters). Mines a G-100, something like 42mm I think. Only cheap, too. Have seen them as low as £35.

Hmmm, no. Sorry. I like more subtle.

My PRS200 is the fanciest watch I have...

6624315747_2f56563c24.jpg
Tissot PRS200 [02 Jan 12] by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

6638001575_a645637ed8.jpg
Seiko [sKX007J6] Diver on Zulu strap by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

4246466764_cfb3d47243.jpg
Seiko Flightmaster by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

DSC_1723.JPG

Not mine but a Seiko 2nd Gen Pilot.
50602_3.jpg

Again not mine, but a Tissot Seastar 1000

Balance wheel replacement isn't complicated Ray, do it yourself. Need a watch back opener a small screw driver and either a second hand sold for spares like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEIKO-SCUBA-DIVERS-WATCH-4205-0153-SPARES-REPAIR-/200874281558?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_Pocket_Watches_Accessories_ET&hash=item2ec50a4a56&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:GB:101#ht_2092wt_1035 or order a new balance wheel. If you want it to be waterproof you need to buy a new seals kit too with that version but you should be able to buy all the bits and fit them in 30min for £60 tops.

Ebay somewhere like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=thewatchcollector&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc for spare parts, just two screws to take off the bridge and balance wheel once you have the back off.

Edited by Crusoe

Ray is an idiot, he'll never get it back together again.

:P

sure there are instructions online too, movement on that one is fairly simple and almost the same as this one. Just take one off with the bridge and wheel attached and replace it with another one from a second hand watch or new spare part.

http://www.clockmaker.com.au/diy_seiko_7s26/chapter9.html

Edited by Crusoe

• 2 months later...

Long time no reply.

Well I got her back all nice and shiney and OE.

That's an intersting forum I may buy an old "cheap" Seiko and strip it down.

Well here it is. I've had it back for a while now and I'm glad I saved her as she's really nice to wear.

Even though smaller in dia. to my SKX007 she feels chunkier as her case is the same depth.

So here she is with her big brother in the background...

8685929094_8651ef4d00.jpg

Seiko 4205 mid size 150m diver by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

Just need to look after her now.