Borbets

Jared-One

No just wanted it to stand out :)

Its hardly possible to get a 165 on an 8j, on my borbets I had 195 on a 7.5j and it had a sexy stretch! I could go down to a 185 but it looked better and handled better with the 195s, so in perspective you would struggle to get a smaller tyre than me on a wider rim than me and keep safety and handling...

Iv seen and tried silly stretches at work in the past just to push the limits but you start to lose safety, I.e I have fitted a space saver tyre onto a 7j rim just to say "I can do it" but id be stupid to drive on it! Lol

what red is that on your old wheels?

Its peugeot diablo red without laquer I hated it as soon as I sprayed them :/

Its hardly possible to get a 165 on an 8j, on my borbets I had 195 on a 7.5j and it had a sexy stretch! I could go down to a 185 but it looked better and handled better with the 195s, so in perspective you would struggle to get a smaller tyre than me on a wider rim than me and keep safety and handling...

Iv seen and tried silly stretches at work in the past just to push the limits but you start to lose safety, I.e I have fitted a space saver tyre onto a 7j rim just to say "I can do it" but id be stupid to drive on it! Lol

Cheers I thought it would be a bit too much :)

Looks good man but yeah my wheels are 15x8 et10 and I'm running 185/45/15s 2sets of camber shims on the back and rolled and flared arches just to give you an idea of what you might need to do. Also arch rolling wise I think Devon dub shack have an arch roller you can hire or he can do it for you ...

what degree shims you using mate ? will 1.5 be enough ? cheers

I've got the nankangs on mine not the best tyre but deffinitly not as bad as every one makes out to be see how it goes camber shims are so easy to fit anyway but no point in having them unless u need them lol

Oh and the loops looking sweet by the way :)

Not sure really I haven't had any problems but i dont use my loop as my daily and i have 2 sets on i have swapped my tyres around though because obviously one side wears quicker than the other just make sure you get your toe in right on the eibach shims you set them to 30/30 I belive for maximum negative camber and no toe best thing to do is go to Guppa p pro tyre in Plymouth and have your alignment done pricey but worth it in the long run the only reason I go to them lis because most other places don't have the right tools to do it because there no arch gap to get the tool on if you see what I mean but the ones up there they clamp onto your wheel...